Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

NXT Takeover: Chicago II

Zack T

Ratings
79 1
So we're done with NXT TV leading up to Takeover Chicago 2.

I love the Garganno/Ciampa feud, I can't say that enough. I know it's planned and it's a show, but I am so fucking all in to their feud that the video packages and the action all just make me want to yell "F YOU CIAMPA" and get so happy when Garganno is winning.

I'm really looking forward to Ricochet vs Velveteen Dream, hopefully that still happens as Ricochet had a potential injury. It was a scare, I haven't heard one way or the other if he's injured or not. But that match will be really good if it happens. This could go either way, but I'm leaning more towards Ricochet probably getting the win.

Shayna and Nikki will be pretty good too, I think. Shayna has really good striking/grappling ability and she has a great presence. She's still figuring out psychology some, but she already has a good grasp of selling and I think when that's combined with Nikki's experience, this should turn out to be pretty good. I think Shayna will retain, probably too early to end her "bully reign of terror" yet.

Undisputed Era vs Oney and Birch should be physical. Oney and Birch are just raw rough and tough and I think they'll pair well against Kyle and Roderick.

Aleister and Lars is the only match I'm questioning how it'll turn out. Aleister is great, but I feel like Lars still hasn't figured everything out and maybe is only in this position because of his size. I figure Aleister will win this, but I just hope they don't make it go too long. Trying to put Lars in a 15 to 20 minute match is just gonna expose him, this needs to be a shorter match with Lars punishing Aleister for most of it, until Aleister lays into him with wicked strikes and nails the Black Mass to put him down.

And of course, Johnny vs Ciampa. I expect this will be nuts, and this time around I'm betting Ciampa's gonna win this. Possibly with EC3 interference but even without it, I think Ciampa's coming out on top this time. Potentially "injuring" Garganno to separate them for awhile.

theVman

Ratings
The best way i describe Orney Lorcan is "feral".
Im not a massive fan of the UE and i think they will retain the titles but i think the big win for Oney and Birch will come at the UK event.

The whole Jonny and Tomasso story has got to be one of the best stories the wwe has event written.
I Tomasso is due a victory, but i do expect them to kick the living crap out of each other and most likley literally fight in the streets of chicago.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
184 2
LOVED the show!

I wasn't expecting much from the tag match but it exceeded all expectations. Great match! I haven't seen much of Oney Lorcan but he impressed me during the match. Plus he had that OMG bump to the ringside apron!

I had high hopes for Ricochet vs Velveteen Dream, it was good/great but it didn't quite live up to my expectations (they were very high).

Loved the Gargano/Ciampa match, lots of cool/OMG spots, great finish to the show :deviltail:

Wasn't a bad match on the card, the above 3 were my top 3 matches but I enjoyed every match. I don't think I'll have the same thoughts about MITB.

Zack T

Ratings
79 1
Kam I honestly don't know what you were expecting from Ricochet and Dream for it NOT to live up to your expectations. I mean my god, were you expecting a once in a generation match that'll change your life just by seeing it? The match they had was freakin stellar and if it had been most any other Takeover, it likely would've been match of the night and should be match of the year candidate - but thanks to Ciampa and Garganno going crazy, they're kind've overshadowed slightly. But still, easily the best pure wrestling match of the night and one of the best of the year.

Oney's had some real physical matches in the past with the likes of Drew McIntyre, Andrade, and Danny Birch himself. I like the guy. I wasn't expecting a whole lot from the tag match - I figured it'd be pretty decent at least, but yea it exceeded expectations for sure.

Shayna and Nikki was pretty decent. Wasn't expecting too much either from this one, given Shayna's still kind've new. She's gotten some good psychology down in terms of selling and her character, but she still is somewhat lost in the ring sometimes I think. Nikki guided her well, this was nice. That slam on the outside metal plate was sick.

Aleister and Lars was much better than I expected it to be. It's a shame that Black Mass kick finally missed, that's the first one Aleister's botched and I really don't know if it was his fault or Lars moved at the wrong time. Either way though, Lars held up his end of the match well.

Garganno and Ciampa was just insane. I didn't know how they'd match up with their match from New Orleans but good GOD this was violent. Uncomfortably so at times. So much good psychology, and it felt natural the whole time. I loved it. I hated it at times. But it felt like a legit fight and Ciampa needed the win this time because I do believe they'll fight for the NXT Championship down the road sometime. For right now, I hope they split the two up for a little bit cause...don't want to overdo it, and I want one of them (Ciampa) to win the title so the other (Garganno) can take it from him.