Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

No more TNA PPV's on Bravo?

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
The following is from The Star, it was posted on the UKFF:

TNA GENESIS NOW AN ONLINE PPV

Hogan’s TNA PPV debut at Genesis is on Sunday, January 17, and the big news is there are new live online arrangements for Brits. No more waiting for us!

UK fans can go to tnappv.com and pay £10.50 for Genesis, airing from 1am, or buy a discounted season ticket for the year’s PPVs.

Flushed with excitement, TNA president Dixie Carter told FT: “You’ll see more wrestling and less talk.

“We’ll let the action propel those storylines versus the talk. The fans will be the ones who win.”

And of Monday’s bumper show, she said: “Thank you, thank you for helping TNA set record ratings in every way last night. We ALL won.”

See tnaeuro.com for details of the shows and tours. Impact! featuring Hogan is on at 9pm tomorrow on Bravo.
The PPV is not in the listings for Bravo 2 next week like usual! I'm not sure if this is just a one-off or for all TNA PPVs! Although currently the tnappv.com site isn't live...

Last edited:

ViciousPrism

It's interesting to note that the site isn't live yet, it could be unveiled with the new TNA Website.

EDIT: In further investigation, it was registered by Bill Banks in 2008. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

FreeSpirit

Well I aint paying £10.50 for any TNA PPV in 2010. I'll just find another way to watch it.

Springsteen

From TNA's official Facebook page :

UK Fans: Bravo will not broadcast Genesis in the UK. TNA has worked hard to provide UK fans with an alternative solution to view Genesis. BT Vision will be providing free access for Genesis to all Sports subscribers beginning Monday Jan 18, at 3PM UK time. Genesis will be available to view for 3 weeks. Non Sports subscribers to BT Vision can access the broadcast for a nominal fee which will be announced shortly.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Hell's no. Watching TNA is funny and all, but I wouldn't spend 10p on it, let alone £10. Best of luck to them and all, but I'm not even remotely considering paying for this.

The Beltster

I dont understand why ANYBODY with an internet connection pays for any PPV, beit WWE, TNA, UFC, boxing or anything else. I dont know what you guys spend £25 quid on DVD's either.

You can download any PPV within an hour after it finishes and download the DVD's within an hour of its US release date....FOR FREE!

Jayfunk

So... You're not actually FUNDING TNA? Some fan you are.
it because i am a fan i want to watch it. its not different to streaming it, i don't have sky or cable so i have no other way to watch it plus the tape trader epic and has great bonuses

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
I dont understand why ANYBODY with an internet connection pays for any PPV, beit WWE, TNA, UFC, boxing or anything else. I dont know what you guys spend £25 quid on DVD's either.

You can download any PPV within an hour after it finishes and download the DVD's within an hour of its US release date....FOR FREE!
I only pay for Wrestlemania and GOOD UFC cards, and that's because I go round people's houses, or have people come round mine, and we all chip in for beers, pizza and the PPV. No one wants an evening huddled awkwardly round a laptop, even if it is free, when for only £4 or so pounds each, you can watch it on a nice big, clear, loud, reliable TV. It's just paying for the experience. It's like not going to the cinema, because you can download for free; it's kinda missing the point.

The Beltster

None of my mates are retarded enough to like wrestling anymore, plus I wouldnt want to go to a wrestling PPV party because wrestling PPV's are complete crap. I do UFC parties with the lads if its a big event.

And really, its not a case of being huddled around a laptop because you download it in HD, burn it to a DVD and it looks fine on the 50", if its a WWE PPV its usually in fast forward anyway :lol:

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
You kids and your fancy science machines.

Yeah, in practice, all wrestling is shit right now, so I don't even watch them when they're free anymore, other than Wrestlemania, because it's Wrestlemania, and I just can't let go.

The Beltster

I think I'd probably still watch WM even in the current state of wrestling just because its WM if there werent so many PPV's per year. WM is no different than any of the others now except its in a bigger building with prettier fireworks.

Infact, WM is usually worse than the other shows because expectations are usually always unreasonably high for that show and WWE arent good enough to fulfill those expectations anymore.

Jimmy Redman

The problem with "just DL them all" is that downloading things has huge as PPVs or DVDs KILLS my internet. Just murders it. Maybe I should just get a bigger download limit but thats not my decision to make. We've reached our limit this month already from nothing, and I cant even watch a YouTube video until February now.

Trust me, if I could DL things I would, I have a DVD burner.

DC

We've got BT Vision (they actually have a great deal with TNA and have been showing their TV and PPVs for well over a year now), so the change isn't going to affect us except in one positive way.

Normally, we had to wait for three weeks after the date of the PPV to see it, but now, according to the press release, it's a delay of around 15hrs.

The Beltster

The problem with "just DL them all" is that downloading things has huge as PPVs or DVDs KILLS my internet. Just murders it. Maybe I should just get a bigger download limit but thats not my decision to make. We've reached our limit this month already from nothing, and I cant even watch a YouTube video until February now.

Trust me, if I could DL things I would, I have a DVD burner.
I'm fortunate to have a relatively cheap 10MB broadband connection with an unlimited DL limit and can download an episode of TV in about 15 minutes and a PPV in about 25 minutes.

I have every WWF, WWE, WCW, NWA, TNA, UFC etc PPV thats ever happened, every SNME, every NWA/WCW Clash, the majority of RAW's, about 15 years worth of WWF Superstars and Challenge from the 80's and 90's. I love WWE 24/7 and they dont broadcast that here, but it all turns up online within a couple hours, its great. Same with WWE official DVD releases, as soon as they are out in the US, you can get them.

Last edited: