Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

No Cormier, Jones rematch

Daniel Cromier has said he'll retire after his match with Stipe Miocic. He claims he'll never enter the octagon again, but I have a hard time seeing that happening. Sadly, if what Cromier says is true that means we won't get a Jon Jones trilogy after all. I was hoping DC and Bones would go head to head one last time.

ShadowEdge

Well, Cormier sidelined Miocic during their rematch at UFC 241. I guess Cormier will be waiting because Miocic isn't supposed to fight again until 2020 or something. I don't remember Miocic complaining about it when it happened though.

*Note to Miocic, he gets you every time with the eye pokes. You know that maneuver is coming since Cormier knows it's your weak spot with him and Cormier is smart enough to use it. Defend against the eye pokes

Ogmore

My guess is that Daniel Cormier just doesn't want to lose to Jon Jones yet again which is exactly what would happen. Don't get me wrong, I happen to like Cormier and I think he's a fantastic fighter. He's one of the most well-rounded, level-headed fighters in the MMA. I also greatly dislike Jones. I suspect he dopes regularly and I don't believe the USADA overlords who claim his failed drug tests can be explained away. But none of that changes the fact that he'd beat Cormier again.

didge

Yes @ShadowEdge, Miocic could be sidelined through the end of the year as a result of injuries suffered in his last fight with Cormier. It looks like Cormier is snubbing Jon Jones but only time will tell if he will rescind his decision to retire.