• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Nintendo Wii

wyndorf

Ratings
It looks alright the Wii, that remote is going to be more awkward than you think though. Not only that, it doesn't actually work on LCD TV's, but Nintendo do have a solution for that, that's for the remote to pick up on these sensor things you stick on your TV, I can imagine it not to work as accurate on that though.
This is nonsense. Whatever TV you're going to be using a Wii on, you will need the sensor. There is one sensor and here it is.....

From ALL reports the 'wand' is 100% accurate.

Andrew

Ratings
Not sure if anyone is interested but Game and Gameplay.co.uk are now taking pre-orders for the Wii. I've ordered one from Gameplay but both are really good realible companies!

wyndorf

Ratings
Indeed I have pre-ordered from gameplay.co.uk. Aswell as the Wii, I ordered 2 joypads, a second nunchuck, a second wand, Zelda, Excite Truck, Monkey Ball and Red Steel.

Awesomeness overload!

EDIT: I've just had a look at gameplay, and have realised that I haven't actually ordered Excite-truck! In fact, I've never even heard of the game I ordered. In my excitetruckment I've confused, said exciting truck game for a 4 x 4 game

Last edited:

Anime Otaku

Ratings
I just pre ordered from Game, they just had the Wii Packages up so far so I have a Wiimote and Nunchuck along with the machine itself, Zelda:the twilight Princess and Red Steel.

Clarkey

Ratings
I plumped for Gameplay too, and went for basically the same bundle as Wyndorf but with Rayman instead of Monster 4X4.

Chriscare

Ratings
I wonder if the Wii will be a revolution for gaming nerds. With a console where you actually work up a sweat playing games, could their be a new generation of fit atheltic nerds. The dawn of nerds is almost upon us

Burakiosaurus

Ratings
i am going to pre-order mine from Game and then show up at midnight to get it if they are still doing that ... i remember queing up at midnight for the gamecube and it was frikkin' awsome !

Burakiosaurus

Ratings
Wii has been pre-ordered and i can't wait to get my mits on this fabbo piece of kit. got it with Zelda and extra controllers... gonna wait for decent games before investing more

c0ma

Ratings
Pre-ordered mine from Gameplay. I'm really looking forward to this, Especially with the virtual console, Being able to play all the old NES, SNES, N64 and some Mega Drive games again will be awesome.

Thirteen

Ratings
Pre-ordered mine from Gameplay. I'm really looking forward to this, Especially with the virtual console, Being able to play all the old NES, SNES, N64 and some Mega Drive games again will be awesome.
WTF?!! Did I miss something?:? :eek

Chris2K

Ratings
The Wii will have a online virtual console, allowing you to play NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, SEGA and some other console I forget the name of on your Wii.

c0ma

Ratings
Seems that way :p

You'll be able to purchase games from those systems via the virtual console and then download them onto the Wii and play :)

EDIT: Was beaten to it :(

Ratings
The web browser and the wii channels do kinda appeal to me, but i'll wait for the price to drop by about 50quid and better games