Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

New version of Watership Down for Christmas!

Ratings
I am really looking forward to the new two part animation of Watership Down this Christmas! I read the book as a teenager, and I saw the film on DVD as well.

This epic tale of rabbits almost sounds like a children's story - but it's definitely not childish at all! It shows the intrepid rabbits running away from mixamatosis - introduced into their warren to kill them off - and making a lengthy journey to Watership Down to set up a new warren and build a life for themselves. This isn't straightforward, and they end up having to fight another group of rabbits who are rather aggressive.

I really enjoyed the book and the film, so I can't wait to see this new version for telly.

Ratings
I read the novel as a kid, and I know back then that some of the plot lines went straight over my head. This version and the voice casting look intriguing. I'll check it out.