Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

NBA boycott

LinemanM

Thoughts on some teams boycotting the playoffs because of all the social injustice?
I'm all for protesting but if I boycotted work I wouldn't be paid. This is their job.
Honestly though I don't watch the NBA anymore because of all of the politics.

Carrie

Okay I can say I kind of understand it to a point. I think some feel that they have to speak out because they are a public figure. We can speak out but we don't have the audience that they have.
I also think that there are other ways for them to speak out, instead of boycotting.

DandyMandy

Thoughts on some teams boycotting the playoffs because of all the social injustice?
I'm all for protesting but if I boycotted work I wouldn't be paid. This is their job.
You can't boycott your job. They can't either. They went on strike. A wildcat strike. It will affect them financially! It will affect their ability to pick up future endorsements and other deals. It will affect whether they are recruited and signed in the future. This can't have been taken lightly. These pros felt it was important to take a stand. So they did.

Fordy

All the news I read said boycott too. Thanks for explaining the difference. I really don't care one way or the other. I stopped watching earlier this year. I think there is too much political crap in the NBA.