Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

My Top Five Underrated WWE Superstars

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
From Wrestling 101:
The names’ of some WWE performers are known far and beyond the world of wrestling but others are not even given recognition from inside their own backyard. David Ruse looks at the top five underrated stars WWE currently has at its disposal...

Spiritchaser

I think Charlie Haas is not utilised to his greatest potential nor is Burchill, Shelton has tried many times to push for the top spots but falls short, through no fault of his own, CM Punk, is a great under utilised talent as is Ezekiel Jackson.

David Ruse

Charlie Haas was around my list and slightly unlucky to be left off. I think Shelton deserves more but everyone knows how good he is. Possibly Punk but he has been world champion and his WWE career has not been too shabby. Ezekiel has done nothing yet and Burchill is yet to connect with the fans to any degree. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy but he needs to bring more personality to the ring.

DC

I thought the article was well written, but some of the choices were a little odd. Umaga, for example, isn't underrated by many people at all.

Jimmy Redman

I dont think the point was who is underrated by people, but rather underrated by WWE in relation to how they're being used.

About a month ago I would have said "The Brian Kendrick", his new Gimmick seems much more enjoyable than his old, without any character what-so-ever and just a run down the ring to say what he was. Now his new, Old Shawn Michaels like Character seems to fit him well, but was being jobbed to anyone who needed a win on Smackdown a few months past. But since his Drafting to RAW, he has been used on every single live show. It seems WWE notice Kendrick now as a Talent.

Now all they have left is to throw Jamie Noble out into the Shows as he is Underrated. Only things about him I recognised since he was Drafted to RAW was his Mini Fued with William Regal and Layla and also him trying to impress a girl each night. In 2007 I remember him in many fueds on Smackdown including The Michelle McCool/Chuck Palumbo love triangle, and also the Hornswoggle feud after being pinned for the Cruiserweight Title. I think these Two are both Great Talents.

Another Superstar whom was released from the Company a while back but was underused while he was in the WWE in his final years was Shannon Moore. He came back on ECW, proclaiming to bring Sexy back. He had a few run in's with CM Punk, but thats about it of him on ECW of which I remember. Then he came to Smackdown and got into the Cruiserweight division having many Backstage encounters with Jamie Noble during his chase after Hornswoggle. And then finally, I remember him and Jimmy Wang Yang formed a Tag Team late 2007. I think they're Nicknames were "The Redneck & The Reject", they had a number of encounters with Morrison and The Miz trying to take their Tag Titles from them but failed every time. Shannon Moore is a very talented athelete unfortunately holding a total of Zero titles in the WWE.

These are my top three in whom I think are the Most Underrated Superstars in WWE.

Jimmy Redman

I remember the Miz & Morrison v Yang & Moore series on ECW/Smackdown quite fondly, they had some good matches. Never saw anything in him other than good TV matches though.

Jamie Noble needs to talk every week. I dont care if he gets jobbed out to Kane or Regal in 25 seconds, he just needs to talk. Preferably to females.

Honestly, Teddy Long is one of the most underrated performers I've ever seen. Dude is awesome.

ScottyB

I remember when Noble bust out an Arm Bar~! and made chuck tap like a little bitch.

Mayor West

I think Charlie Haas is not utilised to his greatest potential nor is Burchill, Shelton has tried many times to push for the top spots but falls short, through no fault of his own, CM Punk, is a great under utilised talent as is Ezekiel Jackson.
Charlie Haas was around my list and slightly unlucky to be left off. I think Shelton deserves more but everyone knows how good he is. Possibly Punk but he has been world champion and his WWE career has not been too shabby. Ezekiel has done nothing yet and Burchill is yet to connect with the fans to any degree. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy but he needs to bring more personality to the ring.
I wouldn’t say that Benjamin is underrated by the WWE, I have read numerous stories over the years that the reason he has featured consistently in the Mid-Card/Upper-Card since his debut and not in the Main-Events is down to his attitude and not what people think of him ability wise.

I am not saying that Benjamin has a bad attitude he doesn’t apply himself and is more or less is happy just to stay in the mid-card zone, he doesn’t want to deal with the pressures that arise further up the card.

He cant memorise scripts for longer interviews and is unwilling to learn how to, this is why management are reluctant to put him in heavy segments.

I think that it is Shelton who underrates himself rather than those higher up in the WWE.