Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Musicians who tried to act and flopped

didge

I came across a trailer of Glitter, a movie that had Mariah Carey as the main actor. Musicians who aren't necessarily actors could potentially succeed in a supporting role. Are there more who followed this path and failed?

Glitter Trailer

ShadowEdge

Oh, I felt so bad for her while watching Glitter. Someone in Mariah's inner circle should've pulled her to the side and told her to scrap that movie because it wasn't coming together. I love Madonna and I think she's an amazing entertainer, but her acting isn't good. I think Jennifer Hudson is probably the best at balancing both skills.

Rambler

I saw the Spice Girls in Spice World, and they were all bad. Beyonce was so-so in Dreamgirls, but the rest of the cast was good to great (Eddie Murphy).

lymmo

I saw the Spice Girls in Spice World, and they were all bad. Beyonce was so-so in Dreamgirls, but the rest of the cast was good to great (Eddie Murphy).
Beyonce has starred in more movies than you can imagine, but in my opinion, she misses the opportunity to bring out her actual personality when acting. I loved her role in The Fighting Temptations.

didge

I think Jennifer Hudson is probably the best at balancing both skills.
Yes, Jennifer Hudson is one among the few musicians who've been able to become good actors and actresses as well. In my opinion, the notion that every other musician can succeed in Holywood is the wrong one.

whaleshark

I saw Jessica Simpson in the Dukes of Hazzard, and the whole experience was pretty awful. Looks like she and others in this thread still built up their acting resumes.

lymmo

I saw Jessica Simpson in the Dukes of Hazzard, and the whole experience was pretty awful. Looks like she and others in this thread still built up their acting resumes.
The Dukes of Hazzard faced a lot of criticism. For me, it was just a lame series that didn't have a sustained storyline. I was going through the link below and realized that there are a lot more musicians who walked this path.
https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/10-worst-acting-performances-musicians-ever-hit-screen-616055