• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Mr Kennedy Released by WWE

Y2James

Ratings
This isn't being reported as far as I'm aware on any wrestling news sites but on Jeremy Borash's Twitter I noticed it says:

Heard Kennedy was released by WWE. Hell of a talent in my book. Hopefully he sticks with it and stays healthy.
Has kennedy been released?

Last edited:

Y2James

Ratings
I wanna start by saying no big loss. Kennedy was pretty bad in the ring and I think his sacking is down to his ridiculuos record when it comes to injuries.

Still think of the matches.....

Kennedy vs Angle
Kennedy vs Foley
Kennedy vs Cute Kip

Zidane

Ratings
I like how breaking news stories now come from JB's Twitter.

Kennedy's messed this up a fair bit, hasn't he? Remember how everyone was predicting he'd be a future world champion two years ago?

Would laugh if it turned out to be another Wellness failure. That being said, there's clearly some potential there and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him cross the line.

Last edited:
I remember when this guy was hailed by some as the second coming of The Rock.

I won't argue whether or not the potential is there, but it's obvious now he certainly never lived up to it.

This is actually one of the few times TNA can pick someone up and, if they become a star, you can't blame it on WWE. Like Austin coming from WCW.

That said, I'm not holding my breath.

It was no surprise following yet another injury on his return.

Maybe it was another wellness policy violation that tipped made the decision.

After all there's one guy on the roster working through a broken arm so it's not like they can't work around injuries.

Maybe the TNA schedule will be easier on him?

I think if he's clever enough he'll end up in a ring somewhere abroad with the returning Ric Flair?

DC

Ratings
539 2
Really surprising news, especially considering the huge build his return was getting and the prominent position he was given upon his return.

I'm sure there will be more to the story in the coming few days.

TPIB

Ratings
63 1
I am not surprised that they released Kennedy, but I am surprised they did it so soon. They usually let them go after a given talent makes no television appearances or anything for several months. The fact that they let him go just four days (in change) after he returned on RAW makes me think that there is something more to it. Maybe he requested it?

It's funny, in a way, that I am putting the finishing touches on this week's edition of "This Week In WWE" and under "Good Week For" for RAW, I put Mr. Kennedy. I guess it is not a good week anymore. I also have Mr. Kennedy as the "Superstar Profile of the Week". I did the RAW portion on Monday Night and the other piece the other day. I plan to leave it like that. I like to think of it as a "tribute".

Last edited:

Fiona

Ratings
Well that's crappy news I really liked him. I don't think it was a Wellness decision hasn't he been injured along with making a movie. I'm sure he'll crop up again somewhere else.

Ratings
I think he has alot of talent... have thought so since way back in his Mid American Wrestling days... no doubt he'll be able to make a living on the indys & probably head to TNA

Ratings
Someone on UKFF said that he dropped Orton on his head & screwed up his wrist on Monday night. If thats true then its no real surprise he's been axed