Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Moving to Portsmouth

A.C.

It's official: Mrs A.C. got her new job in a hospital in Portsmouth and we're upping sticks down that way in the next six to eight weeks.

In respect to moving, "all" we need to do is:

* Finish decorating the flat
* Finish dressing the garden
* Get the flat sold/rented
* Find somewhere to live in Portsmouth
* Find me a job in Portsmouth

I was made redundant last week so that worked out brilliantly - I get extra money for leaving my job instead of handing in my notice and the boss is embarrassed into giving me a glowing CV. On the downside, as I'm off work at the moment I'll have to forgo topping up my tan and get the flat sorted... :(

So... Any TWOers live down that way and want to give me the heads-up on where's good to live/work/drink/etc.?

Jayfunk

yes one piece of advice stay away from the fish especially stake.

:):):):):):):lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:):):):):):)

boy i am a hoot.

for you none southerners. People from pompey are know as stakes due to their mens rather odd attaction to the stake on long lonely sailing trips.

but seriously live in southampton and travel in far nicer place. you could work at skandia lovely company with plenty of jobs some even pay well too!

Last edited:

A.C.

Do you mean skates?

Mrs A.C. says "Get lost you scummer!" I assume that means something to you...

Rebekah

A scummer is a word residents of Portsmouth use to describe a resident of Southampton

EDIT : Yeah good luck with it all AC, and your Missus of course

Paul

Even further away for meet ups. :(

Hope it all goes well for you and the Mrs dude. :)

Jayfunk

yes skates that is what i meant, and yes we hear scummer alot it down here. the whole thing has gone sort of pear shaped when the saints went down and pompey got rich, it just hasn't been the same i am hoping normality will return soon. :)

PS i am only playing i like pompey it has nice navy boats and stuff. i don't know what came over me there i normal hate the whole pompey/southampton thing it reminds me of a jimmy carr joke i heard about liverpool and manchester people. besides i actually support Manchester United. Saints does have one good thing about the club st marys is a very nice stadium.

also all stars wrestling tours around these parts they not bad, not great, lazy bookers but a good night out

Last edited:

Nemesis Enforcer

Don't know, well, anything about Portsmouth to tell you but - Good luck with the move A.C.

Last edited:

Nimf

Subscriber
Good luck with the move and congrats to the missus!

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
Well Mr A.C May get to actually debate with you i person then! hope you'll enjoy it down south, i don't rate pompey as a city but then i don't rate Southampton much! Much rather live in Bournemouth or Winchester!

Jung

Yeah I'm moving down Bournemouth/Poole way within the near future. I've been to Portsmouth and Southampton and well I know where I'd rather live...

Fiona

Good luck A.C. and I hope everything works out for you.:thumbup2:

PS: I didn't understand anything Jayfunk said in either of his posts. Need translation.:p

Jayfunk

Good luck A.C. and I hope everything works out for you.:thumbup2:

PS: I didn't understand anything Jayfunk said in either of his posts. Need translation.:p
to sum it up.....

people from southampton think people from portsmouth are C****. people from portsmouth think people from southampton are c****. when will we learn :)

Last edited:

MastersGonads

Lol perhaps but my girlfriend would like to live next to the sea/beach and I certainly won't complain about that.
Hell no...coming from Cornwall I miss being 5 minutes from a beach. Plus Bournemouth has more night life in its Disabled toilets than Winchester!!

Jung

Hell no...coming from Cornwall I miss being 5 minutes from a beach. Plus Bournemouth has more night life in its Disabled toilets than Winchester!!
Indeed thus will probably end up there, although I do like Winchester though, it's nice and quaint. But I live in the 3 Counties area so I'm over that lol

Gemsi

Oooo Portsmouth. My Aunty lives there and works in the police force there, so you best behave when you move AC:p

I was going too be all good, and get a report from my aunty about the questions you asked, but then I realised I don't actually have a number for her. I'll try find a way too get hold of her. If I have too go through my mum, then so be it.