Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Movie Extras

TynBox

When the motion picture industry gets going again, do you think being a movie extra would be a decent side gig? Providing, of course, that you live where they typically shoot movies.

Rylan10

I know I guy who does this, as well as being an Elvis impersonator, and holding down a full-time job! There is a surprising amount of demand for this in the UK, but I guess there is a lot of supply too.

DandyMandy

I don't think it pays well. I knew a couple of people who were extras in Waterworld. I can't remember how much they made exactly, but it wasn't much. They both said the food was good though.

ShadowEdge

I actually wouldn't care about the money. I think it would be an exciting experience to fill the role as an extra. Sometimes they get to meet the stars of the show and it would be cool to have a close view of how the movie was made.

@Rylan10 That sounds like a fun way to earn a living.