Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Move over, zombies!

Maya

Ratings
Move over, zombies, and make way for --- what?

Mythological/fantastical creatures like zombies and vampires in the mainstream come and go, even if they stick around for a while. It seems like zombies have been in the spotlight for a really long time now. What do you think is going to be the next big thing?

Ratings
I'd say mermaids just because they seem to be all the rage these days but having films dedicated to mermaids would probably be way too expensive for that to become as prominent as zombie flicks. I can't really think of anything else outside of mermaids, werewolves, vampires and zombies. I feel like I'm missing something though.

Ratings
It's a bit baffling, but I've noticed that wizards, magicians, and magical worlds are popular in the cinema while T.V. shows in this genre flounder about. Perhaps a director will mix them all together and hybrids will be the next big thing. UFOs and aliens might work too.

Ratings
I'd say mermaids just because they seem to be all the rage these days but having films dedicated to mermaids would probably be way too expensive for that to become as prominent as zombie flicks. I can't really think of anything else outside of mermaids, werewolves, vampires and zombies. I feel like I'm missing something though.
Why do you think mermaids will be more expensive than zombies? At least I think the production team will depend on computer effects more than usual. We can create a zombie using a costume and the appropriate makeup, but the fish fins are tough.

There are actually so many mythological creatures we can explore from old tales. Stories about gods and goddesses like in Hercules can be a good idea once in a while. They are just not popular enough compared to vampires or zombies.