Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Mother Nature is crazy

Jordaci

I wonder if Mother Nature has some kind of PMS. Seriously, it's almost May and we have had snow at least one day every week for the whole month of April. It was sunny and 60 yesterday and today it's 40 and nothing but rain. It's supposed to snow again tomorrow!

didge

We could attribute this to the greenhouse effect, a process by which radiation from a planet's atmosphere warms the planet's surface to a temperature above what it would be without this atmosphere. We could attribute this to human activities - like clearing of forests and burning of fossil fuels - that have accelerated this effect hence causing global warming.

RandyW

I'm sure she does have it! It's the same here. We have more crappy weather days than good days. It's all so depressing. This pandemic wouldn't be so bad if we could enjoy the weather.

didge

The question then becomes, "what can we do to change things now and in the future?" We cannot deviate from industrialization, but we can place controls that limit the amount of carbon released to the atmosphere. We can plant more trees and increase the forest cover and so on.

Lunatic

Hmm, climate change. It’s true that the climate is getting more weird these days. I heard some of my foreign friends from the North saying that they didn’t have snow in the entire February but snow got crazy in late April.

lymmo

Humans have been emitting greenhouse gases, and this has led to a rise in global temperature of more than 1-degree centigrade. See, climate change means more extreme weather, and different places are either experiencing record-breaking heat or more freezing conditions.