Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Most you've spent on a concert?

FlyyGurl

Ratings
I recently spent about $300 on a concert. And not even some super special VIP package, the only thing I get are some merch, a good seat and VIP entry. My friend told me it's ridiculous but I feel like concert prices have just gone up more and more, especially with the streaming, where artists don't make money anymore from record sales. I think it's fine to support your favorite artists by going to a concert. What's the most you've ever spent on a single concert ticket?

Fletch

Ratings
I saw Take That, twice and each time cost me about £75.

But I’ve also just come back from Bloodstock Festival which cost me £155 for a full weekend ticket and then another £175 spending money over the 4 days

Ratings
I don't like going to concerts because of the noise and the crowd, but I think I paid around $220 for a premium ticket once. It was worth it because I did it to support the artist, but I don't plan on doing it too often. Most artists these days release their works on streaming platforms anyway, so the expenses are probably somewhat less than usual.

Ratings
I don't go to concerts that often, and the most recent concert I went to was a long time ago, and someone else paid for those tickets, so I have no clue how much they were. These days I'm tempted to go to certain concerts, but when I think about all the noise, and probably not being able to get out of the venue in a timely manner... just those two issues alone make me want to stay home and watch concerts online. That being said though, I agree with you about it being fine to support your favorite artists by going to a concert. Artists bring a lot of joy to us, and therefore they should be supported.