Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Most-followed celebrities

didge

Instagram seems to be the platform of choice for most of them compared to the likes of Facebook or Twitter. In 2020, Cristiano Ronaldo has the highest number of followers at 196 million, followed by Ariana Grande with 159.9 million, then Selena Gomez, who has 153.7 million followers. What do you make of this ranking?

DandyMandy

I think quite a few of those numbers were likely paid for and were made by bots. Good on Cristiano Ronaldo though. It's interesting that an athlete, rather than an actor, tops the spot. Are you surprised?

scatman

Paying for good reviews through bots will make the impressionable kids think that since everyone else likes them, they should too. Marketers know herd mentality is a thing. The proof is in that ranking.

Lyre93

I think quite a few of those numbers were likely paid for and were made by bots. Good on Cristiano Ronaldo though. It's interesting that an athlete, rather than an actor, tops the spot. Are you surprised?
Well, it is not surprising that Cristiano Ronaldo is the most followed celebrity. He cuts across the board, within or without football, as a sportsman, model, and endorser of brands. It would help if Instagram followed in Twitter's footsteps and got rid of the fake followers or bots. However, this seems highly unlikely, right?

Steve King

The issue of fake followers and bots is something I have seen discussed in other forums. Will Instagram be willing to take the risk and eliminate these? There would be many users affected by this move, and this would start a discussion.