Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Mortal Engines

Ratings

I'm adding this to my holiday watch list, even though the plot seems kind of derivative. I'm a Peter Jackson and Hugo Weaving fan. What do you think?

Ratings
When I first heard of the title, I thought it would be a part of The Mortal Instruments series. It turns out to be something completely different. The giant wheels make the moving cities look strange, though it also makes for some cool computer effects. Plot-wise, I don't see anything different than usual, but maybe those who read the books can correct me.

Ratings
I am a huge fan of Peter Jackson and Stephen Lang so this definitely joins my watch list. Just as @North says, there isn't much deviation in terms of the plot but it will be interesting to see what the director had in mind this time round.

Ratings
The reviews for this are lukewarm or worse. I think I'll wait for it to get to Netflix. I also like Jackson, but I'm thinking that seeing his WWI documentary is a much safer bet.

Ratings
I am a huge fan of Peter Jackson and Stephen Lang so this definitely joins my watch list. Just as @North says, there isn't much deviation in terms of the plot but it will be interesting to see what the director had in mind this time round.
It would probably become a fresh idea among so many adaptations which deviate so far away from the original works. They risk of making existing fans bored for having nothing new, but they may also get some new fans.

The reviews for this are lukewarm or worse. I think I'll wait for it to get to Netflix. I also like Jackson, but I'm thinking that seeing his WWI documentary is a much safer bet.
Those two genres the exact opposite; one is a fantasy, the other one is based on reality. It's nice to see him experimenting with new stuff, but it's going to feel a bit disappointing if he fails.

Ratings
I'm not too excited about this movie. The trailer, for me, is like a mishmash of the Pirates of the Caribbean, Madmax, and a bit of Star Wars. I will still watch it when it will be shown on cable TV.