• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

More good news for TNA?

DraVen

Ratings
Spike TV is preparing to announce that TNA iMPACT! will move to a Thursday night primetime slot.

If Spike TV does go through with the move, the night would reportedly see TNA from 8-9PM followed by two hours of to-be-determined UFC programming.

This news comes on the heels of the strong 1.1 rating for this past Saturday's edition of the TNA television show.

Credit PWtorch.com
Thoughts?

Sav

Ratings
That is pretty damn good news, hopefully this leads to a 2 hour slot which I think they sorely need.

Craig

Ratings
This is great for TNA. Now with it on Thursdays, with UFC on right after it, I will never forget it. :)

But if they do it, Spike TV needs to really promote it as much as they can or the ratings will stay the same, just like the previous primetime slots.

yoyo

Ratings
I think this great. TNA now doesnt have any competition from RAW(on Mondays) and no one really watches it saturday nights because everyone is out doin something besides watching T.V.(almost everyone) Plus it was on too late on both nights. The time slot on thursday looks much better.

JC

Ratings
It's all gravy baby :D Hopefully it keeps getting better as therefore WWE might actually become watchable.

Twig

Ratings
this is freggin awesome news! When TNA's on at the same night as WWE is, my lady gets upset about all the wrestling that's going on!

Brad

Formerly Shawn_Michaels
Ratings
Good news for TNA, suprised that they haven't gone for a 2 hour time slot but it won't be long.

The B-Man

Ratings
Don't really know why this is good news when their last show at this time slot did a 0.8 showing no difference in numbers.

TPIB

Ratings
63 1
Well, this is just speculation on my part, but I think Spike moved TNA from Saturday to Thursday in order to avoid WWE's Saturday Night Main Event. Spike is also reportedly worried about the Thursday primetime of CBS.

Ratings
The B-Man said:
Don't really know why this is good news when their last show at this time slot did a 0.8 showing no difference in numbers.
In all fairness, they didn't advertise for that show at all hardly.

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
I'm also thinking that Spike will probably try and give TNA a better replay timeslot, but then again, TNA do seem to be doing good with the replay slot they have.

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
Dave@wrestlingobserver.com

After scoring its highest rating to date on Saturday night with a 1.1 for the debut of Sting, TNA and Spike officials are meeting in New York today regarding a prime time weeknight time slot.

According to sources, days discussed are both Monday and Thursday. One would suspect Thursday as the frontrunner, given all UFC first-run programming starting on 4/6 would be moved to Thursday. Thursday leading into UFC programming would be the most likely decision. It had been considered, even without the big rating, that a move was likely ever since the decision was made for the Tito Ortiz/Ken Shamrock season three of Ultimate Fighter to be on Thursdays at 11 p.m. Most likely, TNA would provide lead-in programming to UFC (which could be as early as 8 p.m.) due to the audience similarity.
Credit - Wrestling Observer.com

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
Yet another update;

I have heard from two sources that they are hearing the leading time slot for the show would be 8:00 to 9:30 on Thursday nights. Again, that isn't confirmed, but I have heard from two people that is what they are hearing. I also heard that TNA would like to get a Monday slot, starting at 8 o'clock. If it ends up they do 90 minutes on Thursday, it wouldn't shock me to find out that Spike gave TNA the extra half hour as a concession. Spike wants TNA on Thursday as a lead in to UFC programming.
Credit PWInsider.com

I really, really hope TNA get a good slot.

TPIB

Ratings
63 1
TNA is good now, but with an extra hour, they would skyrocket, not to mention competition makes other companies work harder (if that makes sense). TNA definetly have the talent and the fanbase to make it alongside RAW, not to mention if they score a good 2-hour spot for the replays (which I'd like to see, because I'd watch WWE, instead of flipping back & forth like I did with WCW for awhile).

Dave7g

Ratings
Da Meltz has some more on it...

Regarding the TNA situation with Spike TV, both sides are apparently vowing secrecy until the official announcement is made. That may be at a conference call next with Jeff Jarrett. What we do know is this. Spike wanted Thursday at 8 p.m. TNA wanted Monday at 8 p.m. And Jeff Jarrett was pushing for a 90 minute slot and not a 60 minute slot.
Fair play to Jarrett pushing the Monday Night slot, I'd love to see it. I know what I would be watching at that time!!

FreeSpirit

Ratings
This is a big step for TNA. I just hope they can deliver in the ratings during Primetime hours against other programmes they will be competing with. The 1.1 rating they gathered on Saturday Night was very good, but if they're moving to a primetime slot just on the basis of one night's ratings, it could eventually bite them on the ass.
I feel Spike should wait a while and see if the ratings are always going to be similar or even better before they make any rash decisions.