Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Monday Nyquil: 2007 Awards

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Caliber has his 2007 awards article up on Wrestling 101 now:

Here we are kids, the first annual Monday Nyquil Awards, honouring the best in wrestling for the year of 2007. There’s a good amount of people who say that 2007 was a bit of a slow year for the mat, but I really couldn’t disagree more. 2007 could very well be my most favourite year in wrestling. More classic matches have come out of this year, at least for me, than any other.

> Monday Nyquil: 2007 Awards

Redneck Messiah

First they lost me having four Undertaker vs Batista matches in their top ten and then they had this:

Monday Nyquil’s Wrestler of the Year

||| John Cena |||
How could John not get the award? He made more classic matches this year than probably any wrestler in history. Every time he stepped in the ring, you knew you were going to get something good.
I was once a Cena hater but I've come to respect him for his hard work and dedication to the business. However those two sentences are a joke. Cena's had some great matches in 2007 but he's had quite a few stinkers as well. He's developed better with his wrestling skills but he still has a long ways to go with his in-ring work. Now I'm not ripping on him as he deserves to be in the main event picture but he's far from the greatness this website crowned upon him.

DC

There's also eleven matches in his top ten.

It was an interesting enough read, but there are some glaring errors for a "printed" article. This "wrestling journalist" needs to invest in a spellchecker or an editor, because this isn't some post on a forum, this is an article that showcases the standard of the site, and if he can't even spell "clothesline", then someone should have a word.

wyndorf

I write for a website, and everything I put up goes through an editor. One has to assume Caliber doesn't himself have the power to post it....

Anyhoo, I thought it was a decent read. Can't at all agree with the 'Cena even got a watchable match out of Khali' guff, mind. Khali's had one good match and that was a battle royal and he was the worst thing about it.....

I do agree with the props given to Batista and The Undertaker. All of their matches have been top notch.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Believe it or not I do actually read/edit all the articles that go up on Wrestling 101 before they actually go live, so ultimately that’s my fault :oops2:

CaliberWinfield

Yeah, I know, having eleven matches in my top 10 is pretty cheap, but I just couldn't let go of any of them. Also, thanks for the heads up on my errors, I'll know next time to be a bit more diligent on my corrections. I run everything through a spell check, and as for closeline, it's how I've always spelt it. I know it's wrong, I just don't care. But I thank you for the kind words, and the constructive criticism.

As for me saying the match at ONS with John and Khali is watchable, it is. It's under 10 minutes, and at least we get a cool FU at the end, right? I truly meant it in the vein of 'If you had to watch one Khali match, which would it be' sort of thing.

Kam, doin a fine job, thanks for making the thread.

DC

I know it's wrong, I just don't care.
That there is the problem. If you know something is wrong, then why not correct it?

Knowing something is wrong, but not caring about correcting it is laziness and nothing more. What you are really saying is that you don't care how sloppy your articles look, so long as they get posted.

If I was an editor, I would send it back until you got it right. But I'm not an editor, so that's ok.
I truly meant it in the vein of 'If you had to watch one Khali match, which would it be' sort of thing.
Khali v Undertaker's rematch on Smackdown! would be my pick.

Last edited:

Jimmy Redman

That there is the problem. If you know something is wrong, then why not correct it?

Knowing something is wrong, but not caring about correcting it is laziness and nothing more. What you are really saying is that you don't care how sloppy your articles look, so long as they get posted.

If I was an editor, I would send it back until you got it right. But I'm not an editor, so that's ok.Khali v Undertaker's rematch on Smackdown! would be my pick.
Was that a No DQ or a Falls Count Anywhere or some other gimmick like that? If so, I think I remember that match, and it was a good Khali match. Having said that, I thought both Cena matches were watchable, with the ONS one being the better one.

Cant really disagree with the match list, although I've not seen most of the Undie/Batista matches so I cant comment on them. I've always found Cena/HBK at WM underrated by people, however I'm not sure that I'd put it above the Raw match either.