Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Modern Family

Ratings
It seems like there are less and less classic sitcoms these days. Modern Family is one of the few successful ones that is still on the air. It's going to end after next season though. I think it's time for it to end; the kids have all grown up and coming up with reasons to keep them all at home has forced the characters to make some choices that don't really fit with their characters. I'll still be sad to see it go though because man, this show is funny!

Ratings
If you fancy a bit of family comedy, take a look at the Irish comedy Mrs Brown's Boys. When I first saw it, I was unsure as to whether I liked it or not. My Mum was the same, she said she saw it the first time and found it "a bit vulgar". However, when you get into it, you really start to see the funny side! Now I watch it, my friends watch it, and my Mum watches it!

It's actually performed on stage in front of an audience, so you get a real feel of theatre with it.

Evie

Ratings
I haven't watched Modern Family in a while but I really enjoyed that show in its heyday. I started losing interest as the kids got older. Their antics just weren't as adorable. I felt like they had no idea what to do with Luke. He went from one of my favourite characters to one of my least.

Ratings
I've never heard of that one before, @Cherry-Chan. I'll give it a watch although it doesn't sound like it's quite the same thing as I wouldn't consider Modern Family vulgar, at least not exceptionally so. @Evie, it's tragic that they didn't know what to do with Luke. Watching the antics he and Phil got into was one of my favorite parts of the show. Their relationship just isn't the same and that's a big loss. I think Alex's storyline is the most out of character though.