Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Mobile games - free or not?

Do you ever pay for mobiles games? Or do in-game purchases? If I really like one of those freemium games I'll make a purchase if it's reasonably priced. I do wish more games had a choice to pay a flat fee and unlock all of the features of the game. You can spend thousands on a freemium game and still not have access to all of its features, which is ludicrous. However, I do understand that most games cannot truly be free, as the devs need to get paid somehow.

Chuckyy

I don't usually pay for the premium stuff in a mobile game. I just play as much as I can and then uninstall the app when I hit the paywall. If I really love the game, I'll make a purchase IF there is an affordable one available.

Ogmore

I don't pay for in-game items as it seems like cheating or it's like paying for window dressing depending on the game. But, I'll happily throw money at a mobile game to get rid of ads or to unlock new worlds or get access to new puzzles.

chelsea45

But, I'll happily throw money at a mobile game to get rid of ads or to unlock new worlds or get access to new puzzles.
It would be very unfair to players who couldn't afford to pay to repeat existing worlds that way. Purchases should make the player's life somehow easier but not huge enough to take away the fun if one does not pay.

lymmo

I can pay for a game, but playing games on a mobile device isn't so intriguing. Like you say, it would be fair to have a flat rate for these games yet it wouldn't be possible because of the difference in complexity.

Zack T

What you're all saying is basically how I feel. If I really like a game, I have no issues paying a couple dollars to get the ad-free version, or to unlock more levels or whatever. But I rarely play games on my mobile anyway. I've only paid for about 4 games full versions. 1 is for my son, then 2 of them were unlocking ad-free, then 1 was the only paid game I ever bought (Meaning you have to buy it outright before playing it) and it was the mobile remake of Final Fantasy 6. It was excellent, well worth the 15 dollars.