• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Mix Gender Fights

Ratings
Out of curiosity, is there a match where the fight is between a male and a female in the MMA arena? I think this would draw a good crowd when fighters of same built and weight class will fight even though they are of different gender.

Ratings
I have never seen a mixed gender fight before and I do not see this happening anytime soon. I guess this kind of situation wouldn't provide a level playing field.

Ratings
Due to the different body structures (body proportions and muscle to body-weight ratios) the average man is stronger than the average woman of the same weight. Competitively speaking, I don't see this ever happening.

Ratings
Both of you are correct, but I still believe that this may happen someday. Miss Spain is a transgender contestant in the Miss Universe pageant and she was considered a female. I guess if this was the case in an MMA match then it will be possible for a mixed gender fight to happen.

Ratings
I'm with @didge on this one, I don't expect to see professional, mixed gender contests in MMA or other sports any time soon; there are quite a number of factors to be considered. Perhaps it could happen as an exhibition match.