Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Mitsuharu Misawa pronounced dead

Evil Gringo

Not really Evil, but I like Burritos
I have seen that video as well, once, and then I felt like throwing up, crying and punching someone at the same time.

Seriously, I understand morbid human curiosty and such, after all I feel prey to it as well, but I implore you to heed my advice and leave it well alone.

Your life will only be poorer for seeing it.

The Franchise

Another wrestling great gone too soon.

Woooow, that sucks. To me, wrestling-wise, that's the biggest loss to the business wince Chris Benoit. So sad.
Agreed. Sorry to hear that as well. Godspeed Mitsuharu Misawa. One of the true legends in the sport of pro wrestling.:sadtears:

Maxximus

Chaotic Good
Forum Leader
Subscriber
I've been avoiding this whole tragedy like the plague. I haven't wanted to deal with it, I didn't want to think about it and I've put it out of my head as much as possible. Whenever Misawa's name would come up, or anything involving the man I would just kind of switch off and pretend it didn't happen, pretended that nothing happened, that Misawa was fine and amazing crowds like he always has.

See, grief and accepting death is a funny thing, the more you put it off and not accept it, the harder it is to deal with when it finally hits you. I knew I would have to deal with it sometime and honestly, I was afraid. Yeah, that's right. I was afraid to deal with the death of a wrestler that I loved for years.

Well, I dealt with it tonight and I wish that I wouldn't have waited so long.

I was browsing my favorite videos on youtube and came across the classic 1994 Kawada/Misawa Triple Crown match. Sure his stuff with Kenta Kobashi is arguably better, but this kinda just happened. So I thought cool, I haven't watched this in a while and what better time then now to give it a watch with the tribute show coming up.

It had a very profound effect on me. I've seen this match tons of times, but I found myself watching it with new eyes, cheering at the back and forth, cringing at the nasty bumps, laughing at the amazing way that the announcer was SO into this match, and most of all crying at the finish.

I cried, and yeah, I cried hard. Acceptance is a bitch like that sometimes.

Mitsuharu Misawa is a legend and one of the greatest to EVER step in a wrestling ring. I will miss him and he will always be an inspiration to me as well as all the fans he has around the world.

He will live in our hearts and spirits for all time.

Rest in peace dear sir, for you have earned it!

1962 - 2009