Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Mission: Impossible - Fallout

chelsea45

Ratings

Quoting the summary from IMDB, Fallout follows the group "racing against time after a mission gone wrong". A notable addition to the cast is Henry Cavill whose Superman image is still fresh in my mind. Let this be a chance for him to show a unique character depth.

Tom Cruise claimed that we should pay attention to the characters more than the action. I wonder if that is actually possible given that this movie is all about the actions.

TynBox

Well, I don't like Tom Cruise yet I have always been a fan of Mission Impossible. Looks like a coin toss waiting to happen.

I'll pay attention to the characters Tom, as long as I don't have to pay attention to yours. Do we have a deal?

Ratings
I am another viewer who watches the movies for the action and "impossible" missions. It's always interesting to see what kind of stunts the team will pull each time a new sequel is announced. It sounds strange to suddenly step back a little and inject the series with emotional growth after coming this far.

@TynBox Tom Cruise is quite charming. I'm not particularly attracted to Ethan Hunt, though he is probably slightly better than James Bond.

Ratings
Spy movies never die out in any age. It doesn't matter if it's Johnny English or James Bond. We all love spy movies because humans love to discover what they don't know, especially with its neighbour.

As for Mission Impossible, it is already MI6, isn't it? Ethan might go over to the Atlantic and change his loyalty to the crown.

I am another viewer who watches the movies for the action and "impossible" missions. It's always interesting to see what kind of stunts the team will pull each time a new sequel is announced. It sounds strange to suddenly step back a little and inject the series with emotional growth after coming this far.

@TynBox Tom Cruise is quite charming. I'm not particularly attracted to Ethan Hunt, though he is probably slightly better than James Bond.
We're going to have to agree to disagree on Tom. He is THE most annoying person to watch. Whether it's a sit-down interview, a talk show or a movie, he just rubs me the wrong way.

I agree with you on the action and stunts though. I live for that stuff.