• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

McKamey Manor

Ratings
Has anyone heard of this "haunted house" that uploads videos to YouTube? I came across it today. Believe it or not, people willingly sign up to have an "extreme haunted house" experience where they're quite literally tortured on camera for several hours! There is no physical torture in the sense that no one is hit, beat up, anything like that, but they are put through a very mentally scarring and draining experience. There's actually a waiting list of over 20,000 people to get in! I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It really is something else.

Some people who have gone through the experience went on to complain that the people who run McKamey Manor went too far. Everyone who signs up has to go through a rigorous process to ensure they are of sound mind and body as well as sign a lengthy waiver where they agree that they are going to be subjected to a traumatic experience. Do you think they have a leg to stand on with their complaints?

Last edited:

Zack T

Ratings
130 1
I'd have to watch the videos to say for certain, but I won't because I'm not into that sort of thing.

I'm not a fan of shock-style scares, so Haunted Houses and most horror movies are unappealing to me. I'd rather have drama, suspense, thriller, whatever, but don't try to just jump at me and give me a heart attack, I hate that.

Ratings
That place is crazy. What's really nuts is the guy who runs it only accepts dog food or donations to a dog sanctuary - so you can't say he's doing it to make money. That makes it even creepier because it means he genuinely loves torturing people.

Ratings
There's probably some wiggle room in that waiver. I'd try it, but I'm too afraid they'll cut my hair. And the stuff he says he asks for--doctor's exam, background check, etc--who's got the time?