Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

May I get your opinion please?

Ratings
Please give me your opinion on something that I have been thinking about for the past few days. Why is it that people seem to want to be involved in certain shenanigans only if they feel like it is going to bother you, but if they don't feel like it will bother you, then they are not interested in it? Are people just used to being jerks these days? For example, your "friend" who has no romantic interest in a certain guy until she finds out that you like him, then suddenly she takes an interest in him. He used to be invisible to her, now he's the best thing since sliced bread. Why do people do that? Is it just the way the world works, competition is king? Have you ever had something like this happen to you? Not this exactly, but something along the same lines?

Zack T

Ratings
79 1
There's different ways of looking at this. One way is that perhaps your friend was blind to your crush up until you brought it up, and because they respect your opinion, they took a closer look and realized "oh crap this guy is awesome, I want him too". Still, kind've crappy to try to step on your toes like that.

Another perspective is that your friend is a bit of a drama queen - I think there's some people in life who attract or even start drama and may not even necessarily consciously intend to do it, but maybe that's what they're used to growing up and they can't help but engage in behaviors taught to them that just incite more drama. Of course, there are some who deliberately do it too, *shrug*

Either way, just go after the guy and see what happens :)

Ratings
There's different ways of looking at this. One way is that perhaps your friend was blind to your crush up until you brought it up, and because they respect your opinion, they took a closer look and realized "oh crap this guy is awesome, I want him too". Still, kind've crappy to try to step on your toes like that.

Another perspective is that your friend is a bit of a drama queen - I think there's some people in life who attract or even start drama and may not even necessarily consciously intend to do it, but maybe that's what they're used to growing up and they can't help but engage in behaviors taught to them that just incite more drama. Of course, there are some who deliberately do it too, *shrug*

Either way, just go after the guy and see what happens :)
Well, in this particular case, she already "got the guy" and basically threw him away, because the way I see it, she didn't want him in the first place, she only wanted him because I wanted him. Stepping on my toes, that's a good way to put it, I like that.
It might sound like a strange thing to say, but I like when stuff like this happens. Of course initially it's terrible, but after the smoke clears you can really see your friendship with this person through a clearer lens.

I agree with you about the drama queen part. I have realized that some people are not happy unless they are in some type of drama, they seem to need to create it in order to feel like they are alive or something. They don't know how to do "calm" which is what I strive for on a daily basis. And you're right, maybe that is what they grew up with, I think that it was now that I'm thinking about it. Makes total sense.

Zack T

Ratings
79 1
Yea, that's the thing and I agree - Some people just don't know what calm is, they think drama is the normal way of life because that's what their used to. Everything's gotta be blown out of proportion or be an issue, can't just let things go, and it's never them doing anything.

Sucks that she stole the guy and then got bored right away. Do you have a chance with the guy now or is he too hurt at the moment, or are they still together as she strings him along?

Ratings
Well, in this particular case, she already "got the guy" and basically threw him away, because the way I see it, she didn't want him in the first place, she only wanted him because I wanted him. Stepping on my toes, that's a good way to put it, I like that.
It might sound like a strange thing to say, but I like when stuff like this happens. Of course initially it's terrible, but after the smoke clears you can really see your friendship with this person through a clearer lens.

I agree with you about the drama queen part. I have realized that some people are not happy unless they are in some type of drama, they seem to need to create it in order to feel like they are alive or something. They don't know how to do "calm" which is what I strive for on a daily basis. And you're right, maybe that is what they grew up with, I think that it was now that I'm thinking about it. Makes total sense.
Wow! With a friend like her, who needs enemies. I certainly hope you are no longer friends with this person. She displays many of the traits of someone with a narcissistic personality disorder. World has to revolved around them and everything for them and nothing for everyone else. These people are usually quite toxic and end up destroying relationships but never look in the mirror to see the cause.