Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Matt Hardy: Main-Eventer?

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
From Wrestling 101:

Jeff’s departure has rendered the WWE a one-Hardy zone so with his sibling out of the way is it time for Matt to step out of the darkness, mirror his brother and reach the pinnacle of his profession?

Maxximus

Chaotic Good
Forum Leader
Subscriber
Only if he lays off all the sammiches.

Last edited:

Jayfunk

Matt Hardy imho is more of a main eventer but still no they are both great midcarders

FreeSpirit

Matt Hardy main events SmackDown 2weeks in a row, but he's still overshadowed by his screw up brother, who doesn't even work for the company anymore.

No matter what Matt does, he's seemingly always gonna live in Jeff's shadow, even though he's the more responsible Hardy, and someone WWE can rely on more. I would love to see him become a regular main eventer, but I'm starting to think his run as ECW Champion will be as good as it gets for him in WWE!

Jayfunk

Matt Hardy main events SmackDown 2weeks in a row, but he's still overshadowed by his screw up brother, who doesn't even work for the company anymore.

No matter what Matt does, he's seemingly always gonna live in Jeff's shadow, even though he's the more responsible Hardy, and someone WWE can rely on more. I would love to see him become a regular main eventer, but I'm starting to think his run as ECW Champion will be as good as it gets for him in WWE!
totally agree. jeff is an nprofessional idiot while Matt is actually pretty good but doesn't get the push needed, maybe he need to to don the paint and sell out to the children as his brother does and he will be world champion, f*ck it he needs to get busted for drugs twice arestted then he may get the world title, ah the joys of the booking team in WWE

Jimmy Redman

Hilarious, in so many ways.

I'd love for Matt to have a chance in a main event spot, even just on a short-term basis. I thought there would be a gap for him here after Jeff and before Taker, but they put Taker straight back in.

Something would need to really change for him to get there. At the moment he's well below Taker and Batista in the pecking order, and would probably be under Rey and Morrison as well. He also doesnt look like a star at all, which never affected him a year ago but is really evident now, to me at least. He looks terrible, his outfit is terrible, and at the moment he's not even in shape.

So yeah, I doubt it. I love Matt, but there's no way he's a main eventer before Jeff, or Taker, or Batista. If they had handled his return and face turn better he might have had a chance this year, but they didnt, and I think time is running out for him.

Jimmy Redman

why jeff before matt?
Because he's a way bigger star, way more over, a way better babyface. In short. Actually, just that he's a way bigger star should do it.

Obviously its different now that he's out and been arrested, in that he's not coming back any time soon, but the point still stands that Jeff is (or was) a main eventer, Matt really isnt.

Maxximus

Chaotic Good
Forum Leader
Subscriber
Matt just doesn't have the charisma to be a main event guy.

Thirteen

Matt a Main Eventer?

**** no, not unless he undergoes a personality transplant. That dude is absolutey, mind-numbingly boring.
In the ring and on the mic.

Matthew J Stark

Whatever people think of TNA, the fact that Jeff went away, became a big deal there then went back to the WWE did help his push. I reckon if Matt had gone to TNA for a bit when the WWE dropped him during Edge-Litagate he'd be a bigger name now in either promotion than he is now. I thought when they turned him face just before Jeff left that he was going to take his brothers spot, but it seems they couldnt be bothered to put the effort in and just brought Taker back.

Chriscare

I've always wanted Matt to get a main event chance, but its been a while now since he's been great (all the way back when he had the feud with MVP). Matt needs a proper storyline and lengthy feud with someone so we can all see if he still has it, because back then he looked destined for it.

He certainly got all the components to be a main eventer (charisma, in ring skills, over), his mic skills aren't great, but they're alot better than Jeff and it didn't seem to make a difference to him, I don't think it seems to matter so much for a main event face these days.

Tommate2k9

Fair enough. I just don't think he is very good at all. He bores me in the ring and on the mic. So i will rue the day Matt Hardy becomes a main eventer.

Fiona

I think Matt's best chance at headlining anything is the tag team division. Oh hold on there isn't one.:p

He is a great tag team wrestler so if they ever find him a partner like Jeff then I can see them winning the tag belts and holding onto them for awhile. Actually that would be a great idea to start building the division again.

But main event as in WWE Championshop belt, forget it, too many people in the way.

Tommate2k9

I think Matt's best chance at headlining anything is the tag team division. Oh hold on there isn't one.:p

He is a great tag team wrestler so if they ever find him a partner like Jeff then I can see them winning the tag belts and holding onto them for awhile. Actually that would be a great idea to start building the division again.

But main event as in WWE Championshop belt, forget it, too many people in the way.
I agree. Tag team division is where he belongs.

Jung

Matt was great when he was V1, surprised are people saying he's bland. Clearly they must have bypassed that period of his career.

Headliner? Probably not. He's been a midcarder for way too long and crowd reactions, pushes, characters have all varied, so I doubt the crowd or WWE see it as a potential.

But he's a reliable guy to stick in upper midcard in either a face or heel role, so he'll always have a place.