Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Masterful twists

DandyMandy

Some of my favorite films are those that kept me on my toes until the end. I love a good twist to the story - good as in it's not easily predicted or illogical. Which movies and filmmakers mastered the twist ending for you?

I think Jordan Peele has it down to a fine art in ways that are fresh and add to the plot. He doesn't create twists, just to create twists.

Snarky-Guru

I don't believe anyone does twists as well as M. Night Shyamalan. Although he has been a bit guilty of creating twists just for the sake of it,but they're truly well-crafted twists and totally unexpected. The ending in Glass was particularly good, largely because I expected a twist at some point, but had no idea when. It builds anticipation.

Rambler

Tarantino pulled off the surprise finale in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. It was his in-your-face style, but I liked the twist on a real person's life (Sharon Tate's).

whaleshark

I don't believe anyone does twists as well as M. Night Shyamalan. Although he has been a bit guilty of creating twists just for the sake of it,but they're truly well-crafted twists and totally unexpected.
I think my mouth dropped when I saw the twist in The Sixth Sense. Another good but really gross twist was in a classic, Chinatown.