Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Marriage Story

Boomer

Have you seen this yet? Adam Driver and Scarlett Johansson are great, for sure, and it's one of the better movies of 2019. However, I personally wouldn't consider it a favorite. I'm still trying to process why I found it slightly unsatisfying and sometimes annoying.

Classified

I've heard good things about this one. Namely, if you have ever been through a divorce there are times when you feel this is a story about your life. It gets personal.

headrush

The story felt real and slightly not at the same time. I bought into their breakup and their next steps from it. The one thing that kind of bugged me was how "one percent" they seemed.

whaleshark

I've seen other movies by the director, Noah Baumbach. @Boomer, it might be that his story type isn't what you usually go for, no matter how well-made the whole thing is. Out of three Baumbachs I've watched, I would say Marriage Story has the widest appeal. He has an "indie" style that's a mix of realistic and sometimes too precious.

Dust and Rust

Does anyone know if it's streaming on Netflix? I would like to see it some point. I spent last night re-watching Black Snake Moan (If you haven't seen it, you really should. I've seen it 3 times now) and Marriage Story sounds like a light-hearted reprieve from the heavy stuff.

Boomer

I'd say that the movie is pretty emotional and not so light. It focuses a lot on the couple's divorce including lawyer meetings, which is way less boring than it sounds (thanks to the actors).

jack25

I heard about this movie and didn't give it much thought. Now that you have mentioned it, I think I will spare time to watch this. A rating of 8.1/10 on IMDb is impressive!