Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Mandatory masks, staying home?

Poppy

I saw on the news that some shops across the pond have made face masks a requirement to enter. Three states have made it a rule that face masks are required if you're out in public and some states seem to be enforcing stay-at-home orders. Is the UK next? Do you guys think wearing a face mask when out in public should be mandatory? What about staying at home?

lymmo

Yes, most establishments have made it mandatory to wear masks, and I think that at this point, governments are so concerned with reducing the effects of this pandemic, if not eliminating it. Hopefully, all the panic and anxiety caused by COVID-19 is going to be over.

RandyW

We are one of those states. I just threw on my motorcycle face covering and shopped last night. It was a bit different being inside, but not a big deal. I hope this virus comes to an end soon!

Spade

Even if it’s not mandatory, I just think we should all wear it, not only for protecting ourselves, but others as well. Of course social distancing is much more important but sometimes you just can’t avoid getting contact with other people.

DandyMandy

It's sparked tons of protests which can't be good considering they aren't social distancing. I'd like them to become mandatory in theory, if only because it's entertaining to see all the face mask ingenuity and style. They've become the new "it" accessory.

Lunatic

Saw a lot of different advertisements on stylish masks. It can be a fashion trend I believe, who knows! Even though I still think the quality and the functionality are way more important.

lymmo

It's sparked tons of protests which can't be good considering they aren't social distancing. I'd like them to become mandatory in theory, if only because it's entertaining to see all the face mask ingenuity and style. They've become the new "it" accessory.
There are tons of unique masks out there, and most companies have brought forth their creative side. I have seen a few friends sharing tips about making home-made ones. It's not too much to ask from people, and in my opinion, those protestors are not being honest with themselves.

jack25

I saw on the news that some shops across the pond have made face masks a requirement to enter. Three states have made it a rule that face masks are required if you're out in public and some states seem to be enforcing stay-at-home orders. Is the UK next? Do you guys think wearing a face mask when out in public should be mandatory? What about staying at home?
Some shops, retail stores, and other establishments around where I stay have made it mandatory to wear masks, probably because a lot of people frequent these places. We should understand that wearing a mask is for one's safety and not punitive as such. I think that over time, people will get used to wearing them

didge

Wearing a mask has now become a norm to most people, but there are still a few of us who wouldn't have done so if it wasn't mandatory to do so. Have you come across places that don't allow you in without a mask?

coleman

The reluctance to wear masks was understandable; we weren't used to covering our noses and mouths all the time. After being made mandatory in certain places, people are slowly getting used to having masks on. I feel like it will be a part of us for the long-haul.