Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Makes everyone look good

Snarky-Guru

Not many wrestlers can make everyone look good. Whether they're in the ring, shooting a promo, or conducting an interview, which wrestlers do you think carry more than their own weight?

There's been some discussion about botches and off-the-cuff wrestling in the RAW thread which got me thinking about this. I think Becky and Asuka do an amazing job at handling botches and unscripted injuries. Ronda Rousey was poor on the mic, but she could make anyone fighting her look good in the ring. The Miz brings out the best in the wrestlers he interviews alongside. If the person is being quiet I've noticed The MIz helps pull things out of them and gets them chatting. He's always been a good host too.

ShadowEdge

Rey Mysterio handles things well when his opponent botches. That or he's so quick and acrobatic that it's just hard not notice his opponents at all. Asuku doesn't get enough credit for how competent she makes her opponents look and how well she can perform with anyone! The Usos tag-team are great with off-the-cuff issues. Remember when Kozlov, who didn't last long in the WWE, just couldn't get over the top rope during a match and one of The Usos had to help dump him over? It was nicely done. Kozlov was such a big guy, I would've died laughing watching him struggle had it been me. I guess that's why Vince McMahon will never call me. That and I'm terribly out of shape and afraid of getting hit.

Last edited:

Zack T

Shawn is a given, he could make anyone look amazing.

Brock is actually really good at making people look legit too. Obviously he's typically booked to destroy people most of the time, but when the match actually comes, that dude will work his ass off to make his opponent look good (in most cases). I mean look at how fantastic he made AJ, Bryan, Seth, Finn, CM Punk, Samoa Joe, Braun Strowman - He made all of them look like they could've beaten him. Obviously Seth actually did, but the rest of them made you really believe for a minute that they'd get the win too.

TynBox

It takes a special talent to make an opponent look good while beating them. It's like doing two jobs at once. Asuka is the best at that in my opinion.

Or it could be that I just like watching her. :lovesign: