Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

LWL WINTER WARFARE - 27/11/07

Matthew J Stark

WELSH INVASION AT WINTER WARFARE!!

Over the past 6 months the Celtic Wrestling Heavyweight Title has been defended several times in the LWL ring against LWL wrestlers. C/W have decided that it is about time a couple of their boys got a shot at LWL gold and, quite frankly, LWL Management couldn't agree more. With that in mind here is the lineup for LWL Winter Warfare:

MAIN EVENT
LWL HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

MAT MENSA(c) vs MATT VAUGHN

Last month at 'Halloween Horror' Mat Mensa defeated Sykes in a NoDQ Match, which saw involvement from many men (including No1 Contender Mad Dog Maxx & Tracy Smothers), to retain his LWL Heavyweight Title. This month Mensa was due to face No1 Contender Mad Dog Maxx for the belt, however with the deal made with C/W this month Mensa will be facing Matt Vaughn, a former two time C/W Heavyweight Champion, for the LWL Heavyweight Title. With his experience around the country and, indeed around the world, could Matt Vaughn be heading back to Wales with LWL gold around his waist?

FATAL FOUR-WAY for the LWL NATIONAL PRIDE TITLE
DAN RYDER(c) vs MR VALENTINO vs MARCUS KOOL vs DANNY DEVINE

After the amazing performance that all four of these men put in last month LWL Management have decided that all four men should have a chance to hold the LWL National Pride Title. Therefore all four men will face off at 'Winter Warfare', friends vs friends, foes vs foes, with the National Pride Title on the line. And, of course, the champion does not have to be pinned to lose his title.

MAD DOG MAXX vs TOMMY GUNN
With Mad Dog forced out of the title picture he was understandably unhappy. By way of compensation LWL Management have allowed Maxx to choose his opponent for the evening; Mad Dog has chosen the returning Tommy Gunn. Maxx has decreed that he intends to take his frustrations out on Gunn's recently healed back and return him to the spinal ward! Tommy Gunn's response was simple, 'BRING IT ON!!'.

SYKES vs 'SIC' NIK DUTT
Last month when he ran in (along with Tracy Smothers) to help Mat Mensa in the NoDQ Title Match Nik Dutt was making a big mistake! Sykes left the ring furious at not just the loss. but also the interuption and as Tracy Smothers will not be in the country for the 27th there is only Nik Dutt left to face the music!

CHANDLER SCOTT LEE vs 'MR#1' JONNY COSTELLO
After the beating Nik Dutt took at the hands of 'Mr#1' last month Dutt's tag partner Chandler Scott Lee has decided to pick a fight. And of course, in true Southern Style, Jonny Costello has accepted.

PLUS MORE MATCHES STILL TO BE ANNOUNCED!

DATE
TUESDAY 27th NOVEMBER

TICKETS
£5/£3(U13/NUS)

DOORS OPEN
19:00

WRESTLING ACTION
19:30 - 22:00

VENUE
Legend's Members Club,
Oxley Street,
Wolverhampton.
WV11QN

FULLY LICENCED BAR AT THE VENUE.

TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED ONLINE IN ADVANCE VIA PAYPAL PAYMENT
TO THIS ADDRESS:
lwleague@hotmail.co.uk
There is no booking charge for this service if tickets are picked up on the night,
please add 50p if you wish to have them posted to you.

TICKETS CAN ALSO BE RESERVED BY CALLING: 07914 052852​

BB Steele

very good card

the only thing im worried about is that last shows attendence was at 162 and is usually 62, because smothers was on the show. i have got a feeling that the show wont draw as much as last show unfortunatley

Al Stevens

To be honest if some of the people who came to see Smothers return because they enjoyed the last show then it will be pretty good.

Paul

Gutted I cant be there, but its too much travel to see a show in teh run up to xmas.

Matthew J Stark

CARD UPDATE

Following our release of matches for 'Winter Warfare' LWL Management has been informed that 'The Metrosexual' Danny Devine will not be able to attend the show. However LWL Management can confirm that the match for the LWL National Pride Title between Ryder, Valentino, Kool & Devine WILL be take place at 'Christmas Conflict'. With that in mind here is the updated card:

MAIN EVENT

MAT MENSA(c) vs MATT VAUGHN

Last month at 'Halloween Horror' Mat Mensa defeated Sykes in a NoDQ Match, which saw involvement from many men (including No1 Contender Mad Dog Maxx & Tracy Smothers), to retain his LWL Heavyweight Title. This month Mensa was due to face No1 Contender Mad Dog Maxx for the belt, however with the deal made with C/W this month Mensa will be facing Matt Vaughn, a former two time C/W Heavyweight Champion, for the LWL Heavyweight Title. With his experience around the country and, indeed around the world, could Matt Vaughn be heading back to Wales with LWL gold around his waist?

LWL NATIONAL PRIDE TITLE MATCH
DAN RYDER(c) vs MR VALENTINO

With Danny Devine unable to make it to 'Winter Warfare' it seems that Mr Valentino will finally get what he earnt back in August; a singles match for the LWL National Pride Title. Once firm friends, Ryder and Valentino have never actually faced each other one-on-one in the ring but you can be certain of one thing: with Valentino hungry to regain LWL gold & Ryder determined to keep it whoever wins it's going to be one hell of a match!

With Mad Dog forced out of the title picture he was understandably unhappy. By way of compensation LWL Management have allowed Maxx to choose his opponent for the evening; Mad Dog has chosen the returning Tommy Gunn. Maxx has decreed that he intends to take his frustrations out on Gunn's recently healed back and return him to the spinal ward! Tommy Gunn's response was simple, 'BRING IT ON!!'.

NO1 CONTENDERSHIP to the LWL NATIONAL PRIDE TITLE
PLATINUM PAGE vs CAIMAN

In another match affected by the deal with Celtic Wrestling Platinum Page will be facing off against Caiman, a man who has held both the C/W Heavyweight & Interactive Titles, in a match to determine the Number One Contender to the LWL National Pride Title.

SYKES vs 'SIC' NIK DUTT
Last month when he ran in (along with Tracy Smothers) to help Mat Mensa in the NoDQ Title Match Nik Dutt was making a big mistake! Sykes left the ring furious at not just the loss. but also the interuption and as Tracy Smothers will not be in the country for the 27th there is only Nik Dutt left to face the music!

After the beating Nik Dutt took at the hands of 'Mr#1' last month Dutt's tag partner Chandler Scott Lee has decided to pick a fight. And of course, in true Southern Style, Jonny Costello has accepted.

'BEST OF THE ACADEMY' MATCH
KRIS NAVARRO vs JOEY SYXX

With all the talent that is coming out of the LWL Academy these days LWL Management have decided to show off the cream of the crop in a 'Best of the Academy' Match. The match will pitt recent graduates Kris Navarro and Joey Syxx against each other to show what the LWL Academy is made of!

PLUS ONE MORE MATCH STILL TO BE ANNOUNCED!

DATE
TUESDAY 27th NOVEMBER

TICKETS
£5/£3(U13/NUS)

DOORS OPEN

WRESTLING ACTION

VENUE
Legend's Members Club,
Oxley Street,
Wolverhampton.
WV11QN

TO THIS ADDRESS:
lwleague@hotmail.co.uk
There is no booking charge for this service if tickets are picked up on the night,

Matthew J Stark

FINAL MATCH ANNOUNCED

GRUDGE MATCH

MARCUS KOOL vs BOUNCER

With Kool left at some what of a loose end following the decision to postpone the Fatal Four Way for the National Pride Title LWL Commissioner Matthew J Stark has organised an opponent for him; the man who ultimately cost him the LWL Heavyweight Title, The Bouncer. After winning a shot at Kool's title Bouncer ran into the ring and brutalised the then champion, leaving him unable to defend his belt the following month and forcing him to vacate the title. Bouncer blames Kool for being 'too weak to take a champion sized beating' and loosing a shot at what he sees would have been HIS LWL Heavyweight Title, whereas this turn of events means Marcus Kool finally gets his chance to settle the score.

FULL LINEUP

LWL HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH - MAT MENSA(c) vs MATT VAUGHN

LWL NATIONAL PRIDE TITLE MATCH - DAN RYDER(c) vs MR VALENTINO

NO1 CONTENDERSHIP to the LWL NATIONAL PRIDE TITLE - PLATINUM PAGE vs CAIMAN

SYKES vs 'SIC' NIK DUTT

GRUDGE MATCH - MARCUS KOOL vs BOUNCER

'BEST OF THE ACADEMY' MATCH - KRIS NAVARRO vs JOEY SYXX

DATE
TUESDAY 27th NOVEMBER

TICKETS
£5/£3(U13/NUS)

DOORS OPEN

WRESTLING ACTION

VENUE
Legend's Members Club,
Oxley Street,
Wolverhampton.
WV11QN

TO THIS ADDRESS:
lwleague@hotmail.co.uk

Matthew J Stark

Quick Results

BEST OF THE ACADEMY MATCH
Kris Navarro def Joey Syxx

'Mr#1' Jonny Costello def Chandler Scott Lee

Mad Dog Maxx def Tommy Gunn

LWL NATIONAL PRIDE MATCH
Dan Ryder def Mr Valentino to retain his LWL National Pride Title

GRUDGE MATCH
Marcus Kool def The Bouncer

NO1 CONTENDERSHIP to the LWL NATIONAL PRIDE TITLE
Platinum Page def Caiman

'Sic' Nik Dutt def Sykes via DQ

Mat Mensa def Matt Vaughn to retain his LWL Heavyweight Title

Al Stevens

i was talking to my friend who when to the show and i cant believe i missed it :( Matt any news when the photos are going to be up?

Matthew J Stark

Legends Wrestling League…….Ryder WILL and ALMOST did DIE for your entertainment! By Oliver Newman

LWL Winter Warfare

Company: Legends Wrestling League
Date: Tuesday 27th November 2007
Time: 7:30pm
Attendance: 70
Price: Adults £5, £4 with LWL Flyer Kids/NUS £3.
Location: Legends Members Club, Oxley Street, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV1 1QN.

Motor Mouth Mike is your Ring Announcer for this evening.

Joey Syxx vs. Kris Navarro

Both men shake hands in a great sign of sportsmanship. Navarro takes control of the opening lockup by applying the wrist-lock to Syxx, Syxx reverses out and Navarro reverses back in using the ropes for leverage. Syxx uses Navarro's momentum against him and reverses into a wrist-lock of his own. The bigger man Navarro knocks Syxx down with a shoulder block, Syxx and Navarro then battle over who will get hip-tossed. Navarro wins the battle and quickly follows with an arm-drag and Japanese arm-drag for good measure. Syxx connects with a top rope Franken-Steiner off the top rope putting both men down, as the ref begins the obliquatory 10 count, the fans clap. Chops are traded as both men return to their feet, Navarro misses with his patented Enzuguri. Syxx returns with a German suplex but misses with the follow up Frog splash, Navarro calls for a "Spear" but misses. Syxx fights back but as he attempts a kick Navarro catches him with the Spear and the pinfall is academic from there. Both men shake hands as the fans clap.

Match Time: 7 minutes
Winner: Kris Navarro

My Thoughts:
When I looked at the card I wondered why Navarro was wrestling in the opening match against a wrestler from the LWL academy (no disrespect meant to Syxx) but I felt Navarro deserved better. Syxx showed some promise, but also looked a little rough around the edges mid match but that is something I'm sure he can improve on, not a bad showing for the 1st time I've seen him. Navarro wrestled a very good match in his own right and looked to be better than this match, when a couple of mistakes happened mid match the two competitors continued and that allowed for an good opening match.

'Mr 1' Jonny Costello w/ 'Hellbunny' Vicky Morton vs. Chandler Scott Lee

Mike introduces Costello in an American accent much to delight of the fans, who laughed outrageously! Costello retorts "I'm not some kind of comedy act! Goofy" he then berates a female in the crowd "That's the worse impression of a woman I have ever seen!". CSL pushes Costello back into the corner, Costello bellows "Get him back" CSL applies a wrist-lock whilst doing Dude Love struts. Costello reverses out into an arm-bar, CSL reverses once more into a wrist-lock. Morton throws the confederate flag in the ring and distracts the ref, Costello connects with a couple of flag shots. CSL fights back and connects with a fame-asser but Costello manages to get his foot on the rope for the break. CSL attempts a second fame-asser but misses allowing Costello to hit with a full nelson slam for the 3 count.

Match Time: 7 minutes
Winner: 'Mr 1' Jonny Costello

My Thoughts:
A decent match added to the card, but much like CSL vs. TGR last month I wouldn't have missed it had it been left off the card. With no disrespect meant to either competitor, with 7 other matches and possible over-run to contend with this match probably should have been taken off the card. With that being said it wasn't a bad match, both men worked hard. Nice chain wrestling at the start, Costello cheating towards the end, CSL missing that 'big' move and Costello hitting his to end the match.

Mad Dog Maxx vs. Tommy Gunn

Pre match:

Maxx shouts "Shut your stinking mouths up" and barks scaring the ref! A member of the audience hilariously adds "Don't look at me I DON'T fancy you!" at this point Maxx is seething. The fans chant "Tommy Gunn, Tommy Gunn" as Gunn makes his long awaited return to an LWL ring. Maxx barks again scaring the ref once more.

Match:

Maxx attacks Gunn from behind, punching him in the head. "Shut your stinking mouths up" he berates the crowd. Gunn fights back with a head-scissors and calls for a 6-1-9 but Maxx rolls out of the ring, telling the fans "You are not going to see the 6-1-9". The fans retort with "You need putting down!" Maxx climbs on the ringside table and paces up and down "Tell him to get back ref!" Maxx shouts, Gunn starts a chant of "Chicken" Maxx retorts "I'll show you a Chicken". Gunn leapfrogs Maxx landing him in the perfect position for the 6-1-9 which he connects with but only manages a two count! Which Gunn questions the ref for, he then calls for the top rope but misses the follow up Splash. Maxx returns with a vicious lariat and whilst holding the tights the match is all over! The fans boo Maxx and chant "Mad Dog sucks", Maxx intimidates the fans, the fans clap for Gunn as he returns to his feet.

Match Time: 12 minutes
Winner: Mad Dog Maxx

My Thoughts:
Good match! It's great to see Gunn back in an LWL ring as he brings something unique to the table. Maxx has the best character in the company and has the wrestling skills to back it up. Both competitors worked hard in a pretty back and forth match that could have gone either way, Gunn missed the splash and Maxx hit the lariat and with that the match was done! With Maxx pulling the tights to win, Gunn has a legitimate claim for a rematch at some point down the road and that is a match I would love to see.

LWL National Pride Championship
Mr. Valentino vs. Dan Ryder ©

Pre-Match:

"On your knees and bow down before me!" Valentino shouts to which a kid takes a swipe at Valentino! "Emo" chant starts up, Valentino retorts "I'm in the perfect state of mind to destroy Dan Ryder" Ryder enters to much fanfare which riles Valentino causing him to attack from behind. Actually slamming Ryder's head (and yes I do mean head) into the wooden tables at ringside! Causing the fans to shout "oooooooooooh" and "aaaaaaaaaah" as they fear for Ryder's safety. "He's head is as thick as mine" gloats Valentino, Ryder blocks the ring post and slams Valentino.

Match:

Both competitors trade chops with Ryder's sounding like a gunshot! Valentino counters with Kobashi-like chops, Ryder throws him out over the top rope. Ryder asks the fans "Who wants to chop Valentino" and then allows those who said yes to do just that (Including Carnage). Ryder throws Valentino back in and quickly continues the attack with a corner 10 punch, as the fans chant "Emo" Ryder continues with forearms and fains one causing Valentino to fall, Ryder jokingly asks "Did I just touch him?" and follows up with a northern lights suplex for a two count. With Ryder in control he attempts his patented split leg twisting moon-sault but as he turns the ropes seem to be loose and he hands directly on his HEAD! Somehow he manages to continue to the relief of every fan in the Legends Members Club. Valentino takes advantage of the situation and quickly locks in the Sharpshooter with audible screams from Ryder, he somehow manages to reach the ropes, Valentino pulls him back to mid ring but Ryder's fortitude is a sight to behold as he reaches the ropes once more.

Valentino leaves the ring for a chair, as he is about to hit Ryder the ref grabs the chair. Unfortunately for Ryder the ref struggles to remove the chair from the ring, so Valentino steals the National Pride Title and levels with Ryder with it! It's over……NO! Ryder gets his shoulder up on the 2 and 9/10's count!! Valentino berates the ref before wailing on Ryder with forearms, Ryder returns with a vicious slap and a head butt! Ryder proving he is indeed a crazy individual heads up top once more and connects with a picture perfect 450 splash for the pinfall! As the fans cheer loudly, Valentino moans "I want my belt!" and throws a temper tantrum before stating "I'm going to get MY belt at the next show"

Match Time: 17 minutes
Winner and STILL LWL National Pride Champion: Dan Ryder

My Thoughts:
That was a great match! Ryder and Valentino showed chemistry in the awesome tag match last month (with Marcus Kool and Danny Devine respectively), this was a fine one on one match between the two. Ryder is a crazy individual and truly gives his all for the fans, from literally having his head SLAMMED off the wooden tables to recovering from falling on his HEAD! Valentino has a tremendous character one which the fans love to hate, a mixture of the both led to a great match which left the LWL fans in awe! This match was a last minute replacement because Devine couldn't be there and next month will be the four way that was scheduled between Ryder vs. Valentino vs. Devine vs. Kool and I for one can't wait!

INTERMISSION

The Bouncer w/The Boss vs. Marcus Kool

Kool fires off a back elbow and dropkick knocking Bouncer out of the ring. Chops follow before Kool throws Bouncer back in. Kool is in control until Boss grabs his leg as he runs at the ropes. Bouncer then attacks Kool from behind and hits a power-slam but only manages a one count. Bouncer continues the assault by choking Kool on the ropes and when he leaves Boss continues choking Kool. Bouncer boots away at Kool as the fans chant "Bouncer's s***" to which Bouncer replies "That's what I said when I finished with your mom!". Bouncer attempts the F-5 but Kool skilfully reverses it into a DDT and climbs the ropes, Boss distracts Kool but Kool kicks him off, unfortunately he misses with the Senton. Bouncer feels the match is over and wants to put an exclamation point on it with an F-5 amazingly Kool reverses out once more this time into a Super-kick for the 3 count.

Match Time: 12 minutes
Winner: Marcus Kool

My Thoughts:
Good match! Which got the crowd quickly back into the show after Intermission, both competitors performed well and that transpired into an enjoyable match for the LWL fans to bare witness to. Both men controlled different parts of the match leading to a back and forth contest which either man could have won. I really was left in AWE at the finish to the match as never in a million years did I think an F-5 could be reversed into a Super-kick!

'Mr New Age' Kristian 'The Flame' Lees:

The fans greet Lees with chants of "Who are ya" Lees retorts "I'll keep my questions short and sweet otherwise it will take you two weeks to answer!" "Did you enjoy Kris Navarro vs. Joey Syxx?" The fans cheer, Lees wasn't impressed "Best of The Academy, what a joke!" fans boo loudly. "It's a matter of respect, that I'm not getting" Carnage who was sitting in the crowd has heard enough! Fans cheer loudly as he enters the ring. "You think your Hulk Hogan or Tucker!" Lees slaps Carnage, Carnage returns with a number of vicious chops and a lariat. Lees rolls out and to the back, as Carnage announces "Me and You next month in a Respect Match!" The fans cheer and chant "Carnage, Carnage" as he leaves.

My Thoughts:
Good promo by Kristian Lees, I wanted to see him wrestle since last month. So getting to see him wrestle Carnage next month should be a real test for the young competitor. Carnage answering Lees was a good move by LWL as he is one of the veteran wrestlers in the locker room. Carnage vs. Lees should be a good match and when all is said and done you will be able to see if Lees can live up to the hype he has built for himself.

No1 Contendership Match for National Pride Championship
Platinum Paige vs. Caiman

Paige professes that Wolverhampton is his town and the people love him, of course the fans boo him! Paige attacks Caiman from behind, Caiman has too much strength for Paige and easily pushes him off. Paige returns with a clothesline and after an elbow rolls out of the ring. Caiman follows and the chase is on, Caiman fains getting in causing Paige to drop an elbow on canvas! Caiman follows up with a dropkick as the fans chant "Sheep-Sheep-Sheep Shagger". Paige connects with his patented Impaler but Caiman put his foot on the ropes and defiantly shouts "Screw your move!" Paige upset goes back to choking Caiman with his boot. Caiman fires back with chops and attempts a top rope splash which misses, Paige follows up quickly with a roll up pin with his feet on the ropes for the three count. Paige tells Caiman "Go back to Wales" and tells the fans how the LWL National Pride Title is all his.

Match Time: 9 minutes
Winner and NEW No1 Contender to LWL National Pride Championship: Platinum Paige

My Thoughts:
Ok match! Nothing too spectacular that set this match apart from the others on the card. Paige's character development is there for all to see and his wrestling skills are reaching the same level. It was good to see a predominantly Welsh wrestling show wrestler make the trip to England for this show, it was also interesting to see "Sheep-Shagger" being used as a term of endearment! Paige vs. Ryder should be a good match if Ryder can survive four way next month. I'd like to see Caiman back at some point in the future also.

Sykes vs. 'Sik' Nik Dutt

Pre-Match:

"You spend your hard earned dole money to come and watch me" Sykes bellows, the fans retort with chants of "W*****" to which Sykes replies "You are a what?" "I am a Pro Wrestler and I am in not fit state to compete, so the match is cancelled". "I'm sparing you an ass kicking Nik" The fans shout "Exterminate" Sykes continues berating the crowd with pretty strong terms! Sykes climbs out of the ring to confront a fan "I'll knock your teeth down your throat and you'll be s******* teeth for the next month" Dutt enters and makes his way to the ring, Sykes tells Dutt to leave so he can win by Count-Out. Dutt hesitates and Sykes replies with "The longer you are in this ring the more you'll piss me off" Dutt finally leaves but at 9 runs back in and pushes Sykes!

Match:

Chops by Dutt as both men are on the outside. Dutt then throws Sykes into the crowd (unfortunately in this situation I am the crowd and Sykes lands right on top of me!) Sykes returns with a vicious club and throws Dutt back in the ring. A lariat follows by Sykes and a roll up pin for a two count. Dutt fires back with arm-drags, continuing the momentum he connects with a dropkick and a wheelbarrow bulldog for a two count. "No one clapping you Nik" Dutt jumps off the ropes straight into an RKO by Sykes for another two count. Sykes removes the straps scaring the ref, "I no longer care about this match" he shouts before low blowing Dutt, closed fists follow as well as vicious cross-faces. The final straw is when the ref is knocked down, he finally throws the match out and awards it to Dutt via a DQ.

Post-Match:

Kris Navarro and Joey Syxx come down to the ring to stop Sykes. Sykes levels Syxx with a short-arm clothesline before being speared by Navarro (to a loud cheer from the LWL fans!) Sykes and Navarro square off, and come to blows trading forearms. Sykes "I don't give a s*** about you (Syxx) or you (Dutt) I want you! (Navarro). Fans chant "TLC" Sykes retorts with "You probably don't know how to spell TLC" before looking at Navarro "Forget the rules, I'm going to beat the living piss out of you" Sykes leaves after sharing a few choice words with LWL promoter.

Match Time: 11 minutes
Winner by Disqualification: 'Sik' Nik Dutt

My Thoughts:
WOW that was intense! If Sykes was pissed off in previous matches, man has he turned it up even further now. Sykes and Dutt kicked seven bells out of each other in a vicious brawl which I was unwontedly apart of! I believed Sykes wouldn't wrestle and he might face Dutt next month as time was ticking, but to my surprise Sykes showed not only can he wrestle clinics but he can brawl with the very best. Dutt's stock rose in this match also as he was able to hang with one of the best in the UK, the DQ may have been a sour ending for some but it showed Sykes's do not care attitude to it's maximum. Post match was the real talking point, after waiting two months (although it seemed like longer!) LWL is finally giving the fans what they have been begging to see (myself included) Kris Navarro vs. Sykes 2! I truly can not wait for the next show as if the second match is half as good as the first it should be one hell of a match!

Main Event
LWL Championship
Matt Vaughn vs. Mat Mensa ©

Pre-Match:

Vaughn endears himself to the LWL by spraying water on them! Official ring introductions take place before the match starts. The fans start "Baaa and Sheep-Sheep-Shagger" chants directed at Vaughn this time unlike Caiman (Vaughn takes offence to them). "Next one gets a slap!". The fans continue their verbal assault on Vaughn "Small Penis" Vaughn questions "Why are you looking at it!?".

Match:

Vaughn pushes Mensa back into the turnbuckle and chops him before breaking, Mensa does the same second time around to chants of "Let's go Mensa". The fans the chant "England" at Vaughn who originates from Wales, Mensa misses a club but doesn't miss with a spine-buster which plants Vaughn. Vaughn is then hung upside down in the corner, Mensa follows up with a dropkick. Vaughn fires back and attempts to Press Mensa but Mensa fights out and with a dropkick sends Vaughn to the outside. T-Bone suplex by Mensa and with a kick to Vaughn's mid-section an under-hook suplex follows. Mensa going for Taz's Title of Human Suplex Machine follows up with a northern lights suplex for a two count. Vaughn reverses an Irish whip into a Samoan drop and quickly follows with a top rope elbow for a two count. Unhappy with cadence of the count he berates the ref this leaves him open to Mensa's Perfect-plex for the 3 count.

Post-Match:

Mad Dog Maxx appears, singling for Mensa's LWL Title "My belt" Maxx continues "Don't know why I'm coming, but I'm coming, that Belt's mine" Mensa retorts "I am still champ, calls Maxx a Ram-scallion, next month I am going to kill him and pin him 1, 2, 3! The fans break out in an "LWL, LWL" chant as the show ends.

Match Time: 14 minutes
Winner and STILL LWL Champion: Mat Mensa

My Thoughts:
A decent main event, solid match from both competitors. Mensa is growing from strength to strength as LWL Champion, going from being least likely to hold the Title to being the only man for the job as of now. Vaughn looked ok in his LWL debut, much like the match a solid performance from Vaughn. I saw Vaughn have a very good match with Justin Johnson at Celtic Wrestling so I'm guessing a clash of styles between he and Mensa stopped this match from being good upwards. Mensa vs. Maxx should be a very good match come next month and I hope to see Vaughn back in LWL at some point in the future to show what he truly capable of!

Overall Thoughts:
I thought opening match was a waste of Navarro, but it turned out to be a good match. Costello vs. CSL was a match that didn't really click for whatever reason. Maxx vs. Gunn was high impact and high paced and the ending was brutal! Ryder vs. Valentino was a superb match that was well worth the over extended wait and is only just beaten by the amazing tag the two contested (along with Marcus Kool & Danny Devine last month). Bouncer vs. Kool was a good match with a wicked ending! Kristian Lees promo did its job and I look forward to seeing Lees vs. Carnage next month, Caiman vs. Paige was a decent match, Paige's character is getting good as are his wrestling skills, nice introduction of Caiman. Sykes vs. Dutt was a vicious brawl and the resulting Navarro vs. Sykes match should be SENSATIONAL! Mensa vs. Vaughn had a little trouble following that brawl, but put together a solid match, but I have seen both men have better matches. I think 8 matches is too much for a 2 1/2 hour show, with 3 top class matches already announced for December's card it is looking like a can't miss show! Congratulations to LWL on improving their attendance from 62 to 70 this show.

Match of the Night:
LWL National Pride Championship
Mr. Valentino vs. Dan Ryder ©

Next Show:
Tuesday 18th December
7:30pm
Price: Adults £5, £4 with LWL Flyer Kids/NUS £3.
Location: Legends Members Club, Oxley Street, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV1 1QN.

Card thus far:

LWL National Pride Title
Marcus Kool vs. 'The Metro-Sexual' Danny Devine vs. Mr Valentino vs. Dan Ryder ©

Sykes vs. Kris Navarro 2

Respect Match
Carnage vs. 'Mr New Age' Kristian 'The Flame' Lees

For more information on LWL check out their website: www.lwluk.co.uk or http://www.myspace.com/lwleague

If you would like to contact me: www.myspace.com/brummieol

Oliver Newman
OK, so I looked at the door sheet & read it upside down. It actually said 75. Brain of Britain me!!:dohstars:

Last edited:

Matthew J Stark

Yeah, we wern't expecting to keep the turnout as high as when Mr Smothers graced the LWL ring. We're happy with it considering we're fast approaching the holiday of presents.

Ronin

how come you said 52 and newman 70.
to be honest 52 on a teusday is not bad.