Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux

deathlock

Did anybody see this fight last week? Vasyl Lomachenko and Guillermo Rigondeaux had a contest for the WBO super featherweight championship on December 9. Arguably strong amateurs with two Olympic gold medals each, it was quite a hyped fight. Lomachenko won after six rounds as Rigondeaux retired after injuring his left hand.

Ratings
I watched highlights of it. Both are brilliant fighters, though I wouldn't say it was a hype fight, given the attendance and coverage dedicated to it. Take Okolie v Chamberlain and KSI v Weller at the weekend - both of those bouts had more in attendance that Lomachenko and Rigondeaux.

However, I hope Lomachenko does evolve into a big attraction. I believe he will, particularly with his willingness to take anyone on.