Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

LeBron James is now a Laker...

scatman

Ratings
Money talks. For 30+million a year, I'd play for Bora Bora.

What exactly is it that stuns you about this? Did he used to trash talk L.A. all the time?

Ratings
Money talks. For 30+million a year, I'd play for Bora Bora.

What exactly is it that stuns you about this? Did he used to trash talk L.A. all the time?
Money does indeed talk. I think it was more about where he's going to retire, and what's best for his family at this point. He already owns homes in Los Angeles, so my thoughts now are that he might have been planning on making this move for a long time.

What stuns me is LeBron being a Laker. It seems so strange to me. Like Captain James T. Kirk leaving the Enterprise. It just felt so weird to me when I heard about it. I was actually speechless, and I'm rarely speechless. LeBron a Laker?? What? Even now, after I've had a bit of time to get used to it, it feels strange to me. Makes sense though, he's bringing the showtime back to LA.

I'm a sports fan, doesn't matter what sport it is. And I'm very passionate about it. Basketball, skiing, ice-skating, baseball, hockey, boxing. I love it all. The Lakers used to be my team years ago, but I began to have a love-hate relationship with Kobe... like I knew him personally or something. I really liked Kobe's game, but disliked his game at the same time.

LeBron being in Cleveland made it seem like things were balanced. Steph Curry on one side of the country, LeBron on the other. Now it seems just a bit one sided.

Ratings
Well, today on As the Basketball Turns people are talking about what has been talked about since Kevin Durant joined the Warriors and that is, the fairness of the super-team. I get it, most people don't want to watch the playoffs, let alone regular season basketball, if they feel like the Warriors are going to win every year, but... the Warriors shouldn't be punished just because they have a bunch of great players. Other people need to step their game up.

A reporter yesterday on one of the sports shows had a great point, she said that there have always been super-teams, but since the attention span these days is so small, people seem to have forgotten about those teams. There was Magic and the Lakers, Kobe and Shaq and the Lakers, Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls, Larry Bird and the Celtics:clover:... (Boston:heart:), just to name a few.
The basketball commissioner recently said that the Warriors need to increase their dominance. I'm going to have to read an article or two on exactly what Adam Silver is talking about specifically.
LeBron joining the Lakers is making folks go crazy.