Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Late mates

Just about every friend group has at least one mate who's in the habit of running late. What's the longest period of time you'll wait for tardy mates before going on without them or bailing on your plans altogether?

I can understand a bit of lateness and won't be miffed so long as the mate arrives within 15 minutes. Absent a text or call, that's about the standard length of time I'll wait before I bail. You?

Poppy

It really depends on the situation. I'll wait 10-15 minutes for someone to arrive at the cinema provided that the previews haven't started. Anything beyond that and I'm likely to leave, but with no hard feelings. I just haven't the patience to wait longer and I have other things to do. However, if it's an important event, I'll wait longer. Much, much longer, it turns out. This past weekend my cousin got married and the ceremony started two hours late. I was absolutely fuming!

Snarky-Guru

What? Why did you wait that long, @Poppy? I know weddings typically run late, but a two hour delay is just ridiculous. Besides, you could wish them well during the day and evening reception. Was there some entertainment while you waited at least?

I'm rarely tardy myself, but my older sister chronically runs late to appointments. It does my head in because she always blames it on being a mum.

Rambler

As long as my friends and I get texts from the latecomer, I can stand waiting about 15-20 minutes. After that I want to announce what everyone waiting will do next. The late person can back out then or not.

Boomer

I've had people wait for me for over an hour. I grossly underestimated the time I'd get to the restaurant and find parking. I wouldn't have minded if they said they weren't going to wait.

headrush

This past weekend my cousin got married and the ceremony started two hours late. I was absolutely fuming!
I went to a wedding that was an hour late, and most of the people seemed forgiving. However, I cannot imagine how irked they would get waiting two hours plus.