Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Kobe Bryant

Dust and Rust

As I'm sure all of you have heard, Kobe was in a helicopter crash with his daughter, 6 others and the pilot. No one survived.

Now I have never been a big fan of basketball. It was just never my thing. But he sounded like a good man, a good father and, obviously, one of the greatest B ball players of all time.

I think it is so sad that someone with so much talent that was passing his knowledge down to the next generation is a huge loss.

The family is in my prayers.

jack25

He was many things to many people, but mostly as a professional basketball player who spent his entire 20-season career with the Los Angeles Lakers. Sadly, his demise came at a time when he was impacting the next generation of sportspeople.

KaliR

I watched Kobe right from the beginning. I remember when he started right out of high school. I was a Knicks fan at the time, but switched to a Lakers fan.

It was a sad day! Sad because families were lost, and children. A very sad day for Mamba fans.

Jordaci

Kobe was doing many great things for our youth. I was totally shocked and saddened when I heard about the accident.

Like you Kali, I watched him right from the beginning. I loved watching him grow from being a cocky, mouthy teen into an amazing mentor.

Boomer

I tried watching yesterday's memorial service but stopped after a minute. I think I'm still not 100% over the shock of what happened to him and the others that day.