Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

King Booker quits!

Oblong

In the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reports that Robert Huffman (King Booker) quit WWE when he was told that he was to be suspended for 60 days, as a punishment to the Signature Pharmacy bust. He was believed to have failed a Wellness Program test before, hence the 60 days suspension instead of 30.

While WWE is still trying to negotiate Huffman's staying with them, they're going on under the impression he's done. The two sides had been having troubles recently, with a major setback being John Laurinaitis' call to go with Florida for a developmental territory - where WWE would start from scratch - instead of going with Booker's already established PWA, which WWE had been loaning wrestlers to. After they made the call to stop that, Booker went to his friends at TNA and booked them for his shows instead, which didn't sit so well with anyone backstage, but they couldn't say much having pulled WWE talent from PWA.

Booker is pretty much set financially and has wanted out of wrestling for a while. At age 42, he's accomplished a lot, and thanks to his hip hop store doing well in Houston, and his two wrestling schools up and running, there's really no need for him to stick around.
- wrestling observer newsletter

No!
He was getting more heat than anyone in WWE right now.
Let's hope they can persuade him to stay!

The Great Ahmar

So too guys over 40 and seemingly past it in the ring quit the WWE? Time to push some younger talent me thinks!

alexmoss12

king booker was an awesome wrestler, who just didnt cut it in the big time, his world title reign didnt really do it for anybody, IMO i think he was a little bit underated.

The Icon

There goes the worst wrestler on raw, thank god. It was a great character and Booker was a great actor but a terrible terrible wrestler.

FreeSpirit

King Booker was my favourite entertainer in WWE and an all round nice guy when I met him a couple of years ago. This is absolutely terrible news for me, but wish him well in whatever he decides to do next. :(

alexmoss12

worst wrestler on raw, in the words of don west: you've got to be kidding me!!!

There are worse wrestlers than Booker:

Bobby Lashely
Carlito
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Highladers
Sandman
Santino Marella
Snitsky
Trevor Murdoch
Val Venis

Jung

There goes the worst wrestler on raw, thank god. It was a great character and Booker was a great actor but a terrible terrible wrestler.
Yeah have to massively disagree with you there. There are at least 10 guys on Raw miles worse than Booker is/was.

Shame to see him go out this way, but good luck for him in the future, he's obviously saved and spent his money wisely unlike Mr. Flair, so you have to say its probably more unlikely we'd see Booker make a big return.

Scotty2Hotty

Bobby Lashely
Carlito
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Highladers
Sandman
Santino Marella
Snitsky
Trevor Murdoch
Val Venis

I would really appreciate you scrap his name from the list!

The Icon

Bobby Lashely
Carlito
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Highladers
Sandman
Santino Marella
Snitsky
Trevor Murdoch
Val Venis
Of that list only Snitsky and Duggan are worse than Booker. Possibly Marella but I would rate even him better.

Jung

Of that list only Snitsky and Duggan are worse than Booker. Possibly Marella but I would rate even him better.
You've got to be kidding me?

Carlito, Lashley and Sandman better workers than Booker?

Haha thats brilliant!

Nemesis Enforcer

I was reading that one big name suspended may have handed in his notice a few days ago but no-one was saying who looks like this has answered the question!

DarkMatchJobber

Tell me you didn't just say that? Tell me you didn't just say that!!!????

King Booker is one of the best in-ring talents in the company not to mention one of the best promo cutters and I honestly can't find many examples of him having a bad match (if you mention Batista,Lashley or Cena it does not count because they are truly terrible wrestlers).

His royalty act along with Sharmell is entertaining because he hams it up beautifully and if asked to he could easily be the popular babyface again.

WWE are quite right wanting to persuade him to stay on because between his wrestling and business skills he's a valuable asset.