Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Killing Eve Season 2 discussion *spoiler alert*

DandyMandy

What do you think about this season so far? I'm glad Konstantin is still alive, but I keep having to suspend belief about some of Eve's decisions and Villanelle's supposed lack of resources when she isn't tied to a handler. Neither makes much sense, but maybe things will be explained down the road. The show has already been renewed for a third season, so it'll be interesting to see where things go.

ShadowEdge

. . . but I keep having to suspend belief about some of Eve's decisions and Villanelle's supposed lack of resources when she isn't tied to a handler.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but here's my best shot. I think both Eve and Villanelle don't know who they can trust, so they basically pick the best option from the bad choices before them at that moment. Also, Villanelle is a psychopath and according to the psych industry, psychopaths are usually shallow people who are looking for the next thrill. So, maybe Villanelle just hadn't thought that far ahead or just failed to consider the mundane, day-to-day survival necessities.

What do you think about Kenny? I'm surprised at how Eve is treating him. Kenny ratted out his mom, he can turn on Eve too.

DandyMandy

I think both Eve and Villanelle don't know who they can trust, so they basically pick the best option from the bad choices before them at that moment.
Fair enough,but there are plenty of bad choices that don't fall into that category. Why did Eve use the lipstick that Villanelle put in her purse? That seems like the dumbest decision ever. Why doesn't Eve impress upon her husband that he could be in serious danger? It just seems out of character for such an intelligent woman. I felt so bad for poor Kenny when she berated him.

Ogmore

Between this programme and GoT my mind is spinning with theories and predictions. I'm rubbish at guessing what's next, but am I the only bloke who thinks Carolyn is part of The Twelve? I think Carolyn is trying to recruit Eve as an assassin or a handler.

ShadowEdge

I figured that Carolyn might be a "keeper" who knows more about The Twelve and possibly their identities. I don't think she's influential enough to be one of The Twelve. I've considered that The Twelve might represent a large group like twelve governments or twelve nation states instead of just twelve individual people. I thought we'd know more about it by now considering there's only eight episodes this season.