Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Kevin Nash Agrees To Sign With TNA

Gooneronastick

Kevin Nash has verbally agreed with TNA earlier today on at least a one-year deal with the company, which will include at least 20 appearances on TV and PPV. The paperwork is still in the works but it has been agreed upon. Nash is schedule to appear at the TV taping for their debut on Spike TV next week.
CREDIT: Rajah

Good news or bad news? You decide.

Jung

As long as he's not the focus of the promotion, or going over their rising talent like Samoa Joe, then it should be alright.

If not, with Jarrett and Nash hogging the headline spot, as the bright skies of their future lounge in the undercard, it will just be WCW's dying days all over again.

Chris2K

It's likely Nash is gonna face Jarrett for the NWA Title at Bound for Glory, according to PWInsider.

Woo.

Simon

Nash... just go away please.

TNA really has potential you know yet they seem quite content on screwing things up.

JC

If he's there to do some work and put guys over then I'm fine with it.

But if what Chris just reported is a sign of things to come then I'd personally kill him myself by shoving Jarretts guitar up his jacksy! :evil:
This is Samoa Joe's time and even though I'm sure Joe will not let Nash bully his ass backstage, I'm sure Joe will know he's on course for a major title soon and Nash signing should probably make him throw some caution to the wind concerning the NWA World Title.

Ryan

i dont mind Big Kev, if he takes the NWA title away from JJ then i'll be very pleased.

GENE

Mr Perfect said:
i dont mind Big Kev, if he takes the NWA title away from JJ then i'll be very pleased.
So he can walk to the ring or go to get a twinkie and het injuried Again whilst he has the belt,and refuse to put others over?

Christof

At the end of the day, Nash is a known face to casual fans. He also isn't tainted with the "perennial IC champ" stigma that surrounds Jarrett. He is for all his bad points, still a name. If it draws peopel to TNA then people will stay once they see the homegrown talent.

Think about it

MartynJ

Formerly jacko
I always liked Nash a bit and im pleased he's got a contract with TNA, surely it isnt bad news

Only problem with him is that he's aways got injurys recently and soon needs to retire thats why he's only got a 1year contract he's too injury prone

Back in the day when he was desiel in the wwf he was class and in the early years of wcw, but now i dont think he's championship material, mayby for a short time thats about it

But he will help promote TNA more with his name and hopefully when it starts kicking off more on spike TV he'll beable to pass the torch down to new talent and not do it the wcw way and fail

But yeah im happy (for now)

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
As much as I can see the bad points of Nash coming to TNA, I can also see that he has some name value, and COULD draw in some new fans. I've heard that he will face Jarrett at Bound for Glory whichg is really bad, as I was hoping to see Monty Brown face Jarrett and win the belt.

WCW4LIFE

Formerly Jamesb316
i dont want him to be champ but he will draw have jarret beat him and then give the title to jarrets next challenger

EDIT: No use of txt spk please.

Last edited by a moderator:

JC

As I've already said aslong as he stays clear of disrupting any upcoming talents run (eg. Samoa Joe) then it's fine, but if he wins the belt I will be seriously pissed off at TNA and Nash.

Jung

Nash isn't a draw, can't work, and doesn't like jobbing.

Thus if he becomes champ, as I've said, welcome to WCW all over again.

Simon

Exactly. I mean you all talk as if this hasn't been tried already. Nash is just not a 'Ohhh I really need to watch that' wrestler and never will be.

MrFill

The Great Jungta said:
Thus if he becomes champ, as I've said, welcome to WCW all over again.
Apart from the fact that he doesn't have booking control in TNA - but Jeff does. :)