Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Kayaking

RandyW

So my son wants to go kayaking. I've never been. Do you think you can teach old dogs new tricks? I am a canoe or boat fan. How hard is it to use a kayak?

DJames

It's easy! You get in and paddle. It works your back and arms though. For me, getting out is the hardest part! Oh, and wear sunscreen! I didn't the first time.

Greylien

Kayaking is canoeing for skinny people who don't like to sit with others. LOL

Balancing is the main thing to focus on in my opinion, but I think it's fun. I've done it a few times and always had a blast.

RandyW

We went and I'll be happy to report that I had a blast! I didn't fall in, must be I can balance (I drive a motorcycle). We were out for about 2 hours. I figured that was enough to start. I was sore the next day but not too bad. I'm looking to buy some kayaks now.

Hendo

I'm glad you enjoyed your kayak experience. It's a great workout for the arms and shoulders. Like a lot of new exploits, it will take its toll and make you ache. Don't forget to get the life-jackets with the new kayaks.

DJames

I was waiting to see if you went. I'm glad you decided to give it a go. Yeah, my shoulders hurt after my first time too. Hope you didn't forget your sunscreen.