• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Jon Jones PEDs?

Poppy

Ratings
I'm not clear on why Jon Jones sometimes tests negative and sometimes tests positive for a the same long-term metabolite that he was punished for ages ago. I understand that it can show up in the athlete's system for months down the road, but then why doesn't he always test positive?

Ratings
I'm not 100% certain about this, but I think the tests were looking for two different things. One of the tests was for active steroids which Jones supposedly tested negative for. I don't really get how any medicine can stay in the body for as long as were seeing claimed now. You would think elite athletes across all fields would be discussing it if this was true. Then again, maybe other athletes have had their careers affected by that particular metabolite and I've just missed the commentary.