Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Jobs you could never handle

ShadowEdge

I could never be a teacher as I lack patience and I'm not good at explaining things. I could never be a nanny as I don't like to be around children and I wouldn't know how to entertain them. I could never be a cop because I'd feel guilty for giving people tickets.

What's on your "jobs I could never do" list?

Ogmore

I tried bartending through uni and was rubbish at it. I thought it would be a dream, but I discovered there's a big difference between hanging out at the bar or pub and working at one. The job is on my "must never try again" list.

Zack T

Anything in the food industry. I worked fast food and regular sit-down restaurants from when I graduated high school in 2005 up til as late as 2014. I got out of it a couple times but ended up back in it because it's easier to get a job in a field you already have experience in versus one you don't have experience/education for. But I did finally escape into office work and I've stayed here ever since. No more working in the kitchen ever again please :(

Boomer

Jobs having to do with little kids. I don't have the stamina or the on-switch to constantly engage them. I'd also do horribly in fashion, since I don't have an eye for what looks really fitting and stylish on anyone.

headrush

I took a careers exam in high school and scored lowest on engineering. This still seems about right, as I struggle so much with anything beyond basic algebra and geometry.

lymmo

I could be a teacher that @ShadowEdge can never be because I have the patience to explain things to different people. I could never be a bartender as well because that job can be tiring, plus dealing with people when they are drunk already can be a nightmare.

Greylien

I struggle so much with anything beyond basic algebra and geometry.
You can do algebra? Smartypants. :p I never did catch on to that.

But fast food. I have worked fast and never will. I don't have the people skills for that.

Rambler

High-traffic retail or similar jobs. I get so mentally tired talking to people, even after events I go to by choice like friends' birthday parties.

whaleshark

Driving jobs like a bus or truck driver, because I just don't like maneuvering bulky vehicles, especially going in reverse. I'd get paranoid about close calls and getting cut off.

TynBox

A person employed by Facebook to scan the site for offensive or illegal activity. Think of the stuff people post that we never see. I don't want to get paid for having to view things most others don't have the stomach for.