Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

It: Chapter Two Trailer

Snarky-Guru

I'm impatiently waiting for It: Chapter Two to hit cinemas in early September. It's close to three hours long which is a bit different for a horror flick. But I believe the director mentioned the film's length ages ago so it's hardly a shock. Are you planning to catch it?

ShadowEdge

I think I'm too big of a baby to manage it and will likely skip the movie. I saw the original miniseries with Tim Curry as Pennywise and have remained suspicious of clowns ever since. I saw in the paper that It themed pranks and sightings have already started up as one lady had a Pennywise doll drop into her yard from the sky. I believe she called the cops and eventually burned the thing. Creepy.

Snarky-Guru

You aren't missing out, @ShadowEdge. It: Chapter Two was a massive disappointment to me. It was like the director thought of a scary concept and decided it needed more, MORE, M O R E and well, more isn't always better. It was an epic ball of nothing. There was no need to have the film this long and it started dragging in the middle. The most anticipated sequel of the year needed a good film editor. I'm curious to see whether other cinemagoers liked it. I'm sure the film has fans.

North

I used to complain about how movies should add more minutes if they needed it to build the characters, plot, or world stronger. A few movies later, I realized that longer airtime doesn't necessarily translate into a more comprehensive story. I guess that's what this movie tells me as well. I don't mind the cast or their personal fights, but I do think it can be made tighter.

I wonder why the horror aspects didn't hit that strong here. Is it because the tricks are too old for us modern viewers?