Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Is Your Town Growing?

Classified

In terms of population. Everyone says the economy is doing good these days, so I was wondering if towns are growing because the job base is growing.

Boomer

My town's fairly suburban and it's grown a little, especially in traffic. But the cost of living's pretty expensive, and that's keeping a number of younger individuals and families away.

Zack T

I live in Tulsa, OK and yea, we're growing. We're a reasonably big city anyway, at over 100,000 citizens plus we have 5 or 6 suburb cities immediately surrounding us, each of them are 30K or more people as well. So there's a lot of people in the area, but it doesn't feel like it's that big because it's spread out just enough.

coleman

A rising population indeed is a good indicator of a booming economy. The growth in my town has been exponential, and we've also experienced more traffic in the past few years.

Rambler

My area is growing but has also been having a housing crisis. Not sure what it will take to slow down the widening wealth gap.

whaleshark

I read that New York and Los Angeles are each losing about a couple of hundred people a day. I'm sure that the cost of living plays a partial to huge reason for moving away.