Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

I'm in Birmigham tomorrow night

A.C.

Well, staying at a Birmingham Airport hotel tomorrow night, really. Going up tomorrow morning for the Autumn Fair at the NEC.

Anyone in the area? I'm guessing I'd need to make the trek into Brum itself for any fun but money's tight at the moment - I exchange on my new house tomorrow!

Anyways, any TWO-ites in the NEC-ish area fancy a pint or two in the evening?

Now watch as no one replies and A.C. ends up looking all sad and lonely... :sad:

JC

Worst "Wanna be my friend?!" thread ever. :p

Just kidding.

..but seriously, keeping looking for someone.

A.C.

Looks like I'll be crying myself to sleep along tomorrow! I just find hotels and hotel bars soooooo boring! Especially since I've convinced myself I'll have to pay for WiFi. :(

Gemsi

I'd come to brum lol, but I'm in Sheffield tomorrow, so no can do. Plus, also lack of money (I was thinking about growing some wings and flying obviously lol). Shame, I want a road trip somewhere. :p

Hope you find someone lol

Saz

Fraid I can't, had you mentioned it a week ago I'd have had a slot in my diary bud :(

Paul

Gah, if you'd have said last week I'd have come over and chilled. Much like Gem I'm in the mood for a road trip.

A.C.

Ah well. Look forward to lots of depressed posts from my iPhone tomorrow night. ;)

A.C.

Well that's sorted. I've done an overdue back-up of my movies hard drive and tomorrow night I'll be watching films, drinking over-priced minibar scotch and smoking in the toilet with the extractor on, hoping not to get caught.

Boyo

So what kind of fair is this "Autumn Fair" that you speak of? I went to the Memorabilia Convention at the NEC a few years ago; most of the stalls there didn't mean much to me (or even interest me that much) but they did have one or two tables with boxed 1980's Transformers for sale. Drool. If only I wasn't a skint student at that point in time.

Aaaaaaand (this is preventing a seperate thread - but it's kinda related to AC's posts and is a good "geekery sounding board" :p) I need input from people here... I'm thinking about going to Los Angeles in May (I think) next year and incorporating a couple of visits to BotCon 2011 in Pasadena as part of the trip.

BotCon is the biggest of all of the Transformers conventions.

Is that (ahem...), i-is that a bit geeky?

Cheers!

Saz

If it's the one I am thinking of it is a memorabilia fair, loads of wrasslers turn up too. I was going to turn up in my Mando kit, but none of the others could afford to go and I was persuaded to go to wales to sit next to Jeremy Bulloch.