Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

I love (or hate) Triple H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Showtime02

The question is do you love or hate Triple H, and Why?

I HATE TRIPLE H!
Not because of his storyline, but because he has lost his edge. I miss the Triple H that would reach under the ring and pull out the sledge hammer (as a heel), and would have me scared he was going to F^#! someone up. I Hate the HHH we see today. He seems to be like the Undertaker, He's inbetween Jean P. Levesque and Triple H. He's more like Jean H. Helmsley He is not scary nor is he to be feared, and seems very beatable.

Spiritchaser

Plainly I have never liked H3 for any number of reasons, his name Hunter Hearst Helmsley, that stupid fawning bow he used to do, that hair, his beak, marrying a McMahon, refusing to take a Tombstone from 'Taker, burying Booker T and RVD by taking an age to pin them after delivering the Pedigree, the pedigree crap finisher,bringing back X-plop when Shawn"dropped the ball" after 'Mania 14.

You name it I hate H3 for it, sorry f2k.

Spiritchaser.
Hunting the Hunter.

Bluestiger99

I hate HHH for a great number of reasons. 1) He bores the crap out of me. 2) Almost all of his matches are so predictable. Usually end with some one from Evolution making the save. Reason 3-12, See above.

Saz

Can't say I hate the guy, but to be honest can't say i love him either...

What I can say is that he is being paid mucho dollars to perform every night and I find myself jealous of him.

that's about it...

Saracen

Fletch

I LOVE THE GAME

1) not only is he a tremendous wrestler who makes sure he never injures anyone but he has a ton of in-ring character to boot
2) he can cut a promo thats one of the best in the business today
3) hes been in some of the greatest matches ive seen and greatest feuds, his feuds with rock and austin were the stuff of legend
4) he has IT
5) he continues to wrestle great matches and is more willing to get in the ring every week than a lot of main event talent lately.

he is the Game and like it or not he is that Damn Good

charlie

I dislike him for all of the reasons that Spiritchaser, Mr Showtime and Dante have mentioned. I've never liked him, and that's not because he's good at being a heel, but because I find him so incredibly tedious that I start to fall asleep at the mention of his na....zzzzz

Evil Gringo

Not really Evil, but I like Burritos
I used to have time for HHH, around the time when he steped out of Shawn's shadow and re-formed DX with the Outlaw's and Pac... Then he went Corperate and from that day something about him made me hate him... Not the fact that he was a heel, I can deal with that it was just the way that for the past 5 years HHH has had a part in every major storyline in the WWE.... Aside from the 8 months were the poor sod couldn't walk...

5 Years were I have seen him face everyone in the WWE... When he disgraced the ECW title and Tazz on Raw, calling two athletes who run rings round him paper champions, When he went to Tokyo with and told Kojima of AJPW that he was better then him (lol, he'd get his face lariated off!)... Oh and another reason why... Backlash 1999, listen to his entrance music v X-Pac and feel the pain....

Fletch

dare to be different
dont hate the player, hate the game wait no no dont hate the game
hate someone else the game is class

Jack

HHH is THE man of this era of wrestling. Like it or not he is the best wrestler produced in a long time.
I agree 100% with the points f2k made. Everything about HHH says he is THE main eventer in WWE.
Forget Benoit give HHH the title back!

barnsleylass86

I used to like hhh the DX days were out of this world, he was so entertaining to watch. The issue I have in modern wwe is that he very rarely wins matches on his own, he needs evolution or more than often he fails in matches. I think if he was a wwe star on his own, or with less arrogant, cheating people to back him up he would be a lot more respected.

MachoMat

f2k said:
1) not only is he a tremendous wrestler who makes sure he never injures anyone but he has a ton of in-ring character to boot
He may not injure people physically, but he's KILLED careers and pushes with his backstage politics. :evil:
f2k said:
You ARE kidding me... Aren't you? :rolleyes2:
f2k said:
3) hes been in some of the greatest matches ive seen and greatest feuds, his feuds with rock and austin were the stuff of legend
His matches used ot be good but now it's always:
KICK WHAM PEDIGREE
Hx3 to victory
because Steph loves me
hee hee hee
f2k said:
4) he has IT
What? Diarrhea of the mouth? :lol:
f2k said:
5) he continues to wrestle great matches and is more willing to get in the ring every week than a lot of main event talent lately.
Yeah, because he has to feed his massive ego with more victims :eek
f2k said:
he is the Game and like it or not he is that Damn Good
He's good... but not THAT good. ;)

Spiritchaser

Hey Macho,
Amen to that Brotha!!!
He still hasn't beat the Undertaker and he never will now.
Oh and H3 if your reading this, Take A Bloody Tombstone wouldya.

Spiritchaser.
Haterizin'.

Paul

jackbibby said:
HHH is THE man of this era of wrestling. Like it or not he is the best wrestler produced in a long time.
Everything about HHH says he is THE main eventer in WWE.
In no way, shape or form is HHH the best in a long time! His ring work is average, the promos are decidadly boring but his match ups ARE normally decent to very good.

BUT, you may argue that HHH is the best all round package, to which a few names come to mind:
Stone Cold,
The Rock,
Foley,
RVD,
Booker T,
arguably Goldberg,
Lesnar,
Angle,
Y2J.

And thats without even thinking. These wrestlers are all better all round talents, but didn't all get the chance to shine in the WWE. Perhaps thats not through any fault of Mr H, but if even half the rumours are true then you can bet he had a hand in keeping some of these down.

The only thing that says he is THE main eventer is Steph........'nough said!

And whatever you think of Benoit he is delivering five star matches every time, no matter who he fights. And thats what the belt needs for a while, someone who gives it legitamecy. So let Benoit keep it a while more, make the belt worth something again.

Mr_Showtime02

jackbibby said:
HHH is THE man of this era of wrestling...
You're right. He IS the man of this era of wrestling. The only problem is...THIS ERA SUCKS. Therefore HHH SUCKS.
And please...give HHH the title back. NO. I don't want to see 9 months of Evolution cheating to keep him the champ because he cant cut the mustard.
But with him writing storylines now, he probably will.
(Note: When Kevin Nash wrote storylines for WCW...IT DIED...and remember Kevin Nash & Jean are GOOD FRIENDS... :( )
And another thing...BENOIT is a great wrestler. How many HHH's do you know can change his arsonal of moves so he could beat someone in a FAIR MATCH, So at first he couldn't make Kane tap, change his focus, BAM he wins. If HHH can't beat you with Evolution or a Sloppy Pedigree, HE'S DONE.

Last edited:

Rocko_Rock2003

I Hate HHH Because Ever Since He was Handed The Title By Bischoff He has had it, And When he Loses it he always ends up with it again. Benoit Is the only wrestler to have the Title for more than 1 month Without it going back to HHH. I mean There is plenty of other worthy talent on RAW who have never held The Title and should be given the chance. Take Kane for instance, Yes he has held the title but that really shouldn't count because, let's face it, he only held it for a Day. I think they should give him the Title and get him out of the "I screwed Lita" angle 'cause lets face it that Angle is going to kill Kane's Character. Anyway I also Hate HHH because of the fact that he has Ruined a lot of possible Talent. Scott Steiner for instance, If he was given the title at No Way Out He would Probably still be here. Same with Goldberg, Who had the Title for about a month and lost it back to HHH, Kevin Nash, Love him or Hate Him he should have had it At Bad Blood, Booker T, Awesome Athlete and had an awesome match at Wrestlemania XIX, and the List could go on. Whether you agree with me or not, Like Angle said, It's True, It's Damn True.

The Beltster

I neither love or hate him, I'm bored of him and am tired of him being in the spotlight, even when he doesnt hold the title, which only makes the champ look weaker, no matter how many times HHH's put him over.
HHH is very smart, a great businessman and a talented performer (again), but he is boring.

Mr_Showtime02

f2k said:
I LOVE THE GAME

The Rock came back about 3 weeks ago and cut a promo that was better than all HHH's solo promos. In fact, the last promo that I even think of as good is the NOD Parady that DX did...and even then that was not all him by himself.

HHH doesn't cut good promos, The Rock & Eugene cut good promos. (At least they're funny)

DraVen

I have respect for the guy. He is fairly charismatic, can cut a good promo when he wants to (not on the level of The Rock, but then no one else can either), and although not the finest wrestler of his era (from 1995-1998, Bret, Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit and Shawn were still the finest - from 1998 onwards, it was Rock, Austin, Kurt Angle, Jerry Lynn, and all the jap guys), he still went out and had great matches, even if he does owe his main event career to Mick Foley.

Then he got injured, got bigger, and got slower. He subsequently became a much slower and painful-to-watch wrestler, and his promos have slipped increasingly. It's only recently that he's started to look anywhere near the Trips he can be.

Mr_Showtime02

DraVen said:
I have respect for the guy. He is fairly charismatic, can cut a good promo when he wants to (not on the level of The Rock, but then no one else can either), and although not the finest wrestler of his era (from 1995-1998, Bret, Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit and Shawn were still the finest - from 1998 onwards, it was Rock, Austin, Kurt Angle, Jerry Lynn, and all the jap guys), he still went out and had great matches, even if he does owe his main event career to Mick Foley.

Then he got injured, got bigger, and got slower. He subsequently became a much slower and painful-to-watch wrestler, and his promos have slipped increasingly. It's only recently that he's started to look anywhere near the Trips he can be.
Finally, a respectable somewhat HHH supporting responce instead of a drooling "I love Triple H" responce.
Very RESPECTABLE!!!! :thumbsup
Thank You DraVen

The Crippler

I liked him until his injury. Then he came back and had boring assed feuds with Booker T, Kevin Nash, Goldberg, Steiner. Admittedly not all that it is his fault, it takes two to tango after all.

I've enjoyed his work this year but once again it takes two to tango and maybe the reason I've enjoyed him this year is because he's mainly been working with Shawn Michaels and Chris Benoit.

One other thing that has irked me is the fact he main events virtually every PPV he is on. Even when he hasn't had the title (Bad Blood), he has still had the focus on him and he has still had the main event spot. He's also had the belt a hell of a lot these last few years and it'll be disappointing if he is the next guy to get it. Give it to Jericho and give him a fair crack at it, unlike last time.

I don't hate the guy like a lot of the Internet does and I don't love him like a lot of people do. When with the right guy he can have very good matches and I'm looking forward to his match this Sunday with Benoit.

Status
Not open for further replies.