Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

I hate DRM!

Ratings
I hate games that come loaded with DRM, especially if they need to "phone home" more than once in order to continue playing. Unfortunately, it's hard to find PC games today that aren't locked down. Well, I ran across this article on Motherboard today that basically says the games are getting cracked before they're even released. So why do developers insist on using DRM? All it does is aggravate their paying fan base.

ShadowEdge

Ratings
Is pirating still a big issue? I figured pirating was way down since many of the popular games went to the "freemium" model. Mobile games are cheap to buy and they're gaining in popularity. Try to find a game without DRM on another platform if you can.

Ratings
Games have evolved into social games instead of single-player games. There are still game developers that make games for players who would like to play alone. These gamers don't need to buy physical game installers because gamers can connect directly to the internet to buy their games. New game consoles also have the capability to games on the internet.