Latest
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

I Can Only Imagine

Kira

Ratings
New movie just out. Have you seen it? It's doing very well at the box office. Without revealing too much about the movie, it is the true story of how Bart Millard came to write the song "I can only imagine." A must see. Take tissues.

Ogmore

Ratings
I've heard the background story before and it gave me chills. I don't plan to take in this movie, but I'm a huge fan of the song and the reason behind it.

Poppy

I couldn't even make it through the trailer to be honest. Those shootings are becoming more and more common, yet nothing real gets done about it. It's too hard to watch.

Ratings
I couldn't even make it through the trailer to be honest. Those shootings are becoming more and more common, yet nothing real gets done about it. It's too hard to watch.
Hey Poppy. I think you have this movie mixed up with another one. There are no shootings in "I can only imagine." It's just a beautiful story about how the song came to be written. Take a look at that trailer again.

Last edited:

Poppy

Hey Poppy. I think you have this movie mixed up with another one. There are no shootings in "I can only imagine." It's just a beautiful story about how the song came to be written. Take a look at that trailer again.
I bet you thought I'd lost my marbles, but it's the song I mixed up. I automatically conjured up the story for "This Is Your Time" which was co-written and sung by Michael W. Smith. The inspiration for the song is beautiful which came from reports that one of the Columbine victims was shot because she refused to denounce Christ. The whole Columbine shooting itself still upsets me, so when the trailer showed a scared boy in bed and an aggravated father slamming the door, I stopped watching it. I figured it was the setup for more violence to come.

In my defense, the singers MercyMe, who sang "I Can Only Imagine", and Michael W. Smith, who sang "This Is Your Time" toured together and both songs were featured on a worship CD I owned. Both artists were also linked to Millard who wrote "I Can Only Imagine." I just mixed the two songs up - terribly! I'm suitably embarrassed and hate that I derailed your thread.

Ratings
Not at all Poppy. You did not derail my thread. It is so easy to get tangled up with song titles because there are so many that either sound alike or have the same theme going on or are sung by the same artist. I do hope you will see this movie because it is a really good story.