Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Hyped Wrestlers You Don't Like.

Frank Botch

So this is coming from the Anderson thing in the best ever poll where Jimmy Redman was talking about how loved he was as Kennedy. I'd always kinda hated him (reasons in that thread) so I probably blanked all that praise out or whatever. So which wrestlers did you never ''get?'' Like they can be dudes pushed by the E (Kennedy, Edge etc) or guys who are pimped for their in ring stuff (like Angle for me, maybe Flair/Kobashi/Santo for others) and so on. And if someone mentions a guy you totally love it would be cool to discuss, or viciously argue about, why they are, indeed, wrong. Or post matches and junk.

I am totally ready to watch any Anderson match that anyone thinks is above horrible or watch any Edge promo that people think is more exciting than watching paint dry.

Also I'm sure this thread has been done before, but I can't find it.

Maxximus

Chaotic Good
Forum Leader
Subscriber
I never really liked Edge or Batista. Not much of an Orton fan either. But the number one for me without a shadow of a doubt is...

Bill Goldberg.

I never liked him. Not one bit.

Frank, you should have added a stip to this thread that says you can't say John Cena.

Frank Botch

Frank, you should have added a stip to this thread that says you can't say John Cena.
I don't think many people read my posts anyway so it probably would've done no good.

I never really liked Edge or Batista.
What did you think of the Batista heel run? It doesn't make up totally for the years of blandness but it's a pretty cool run. I'm definitely not going to argue for Edge or Orton. I wasn't around for Goldberg's run, Ireland was always a WWF country, so I can't really comment, but whenever I see a match from him I don't exactly come away thinking he's good at anything. I guess part of the appeal was watching him live every week or whatever.

This is quite something though:

[video=youtube;-KCjg118gwk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KCjg118gwk[/video]

3BigDen

Wrestlers I don't like....Randy Orion, ddp, king Kong bundy, K2, snitzky, 123 kid, lance storm, the kat, the great khali(big sloppy), ryback(looks like an accident waiting to happen), Batista(cardio is not ready), primo.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Randy Orton, Dolph Ziggler, Diamond Dallas Page and Kurt Angle.

Jack

Edge and Christian as singles wrestlers. I loved them as a tag team but their promo styles and matches are incredibly boring. They're hard to watch for me, actually, which is odd because there are plenty of worse wrestlers who I don't mind sitting through. I know they aren't poor wrestlers but their style really grates on me.

I liked Bret Hart as a kid but watching his matches back now, I find them boring. I don't find myself getting sucked into the matches and buying into whats happening in the ring. Again, I wouldn't call Hart poor or anything like that but his lack of charisma is quite obvious watching some of his biggest matches back.

Maybe I just hate Canadians.

Jimmy Redman

Kurt Angle, Kurt Angle, Kurt Angle. His rep as a top worker just boggles my brain. He has flashes of brilliance, but most of the time he is so ordinary and so damn sh*tty at working a wrestling match that it hurts me.

Edge for most of his run for me. I too think his promos were vastly overrated. Bored the hell out of me most of the time.

Anyone who ever said Chavo Guerrero was any good. He is one of the worst examples I've seen of a guy walking around with the rep of being a good worker and underutilised when he was really just sh*t.

I've never really got Regal on the in-ring tip. He works that manly workrate style that I see why people love it, but there are better guys at it and generally I think he's just boring.

Maxximus

Chaotic Good
Forum Leader
Subscriber
What did you think of the Batista heel run?
It was tolerable. I don't outright hate the guy and with the current state of wrestling I'd probably mark if he made a WWE return. I just don't like him that much. Besides his heel run the best thing I think he did was this:

[video=youtube;XJNnDCOK_gw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJNnDCOK_gw[/video]

Also the look on Show's face when the boom mic falls on him is priceless. I die ever time.

Magic

The first apple tree.
Forum Leader
Subscriber
The two biggest ones for me are probably Bret Hart and Randy Orton. I find both just really bland and boring both in the ring and on the mic. Orton has been good in the past as a heel, so it's only really as face he'd be on my list.

Oh and Rey Mysterio. I hate Rey.

Eddie

Subscriber
There have been loads for me, the first mention has to go to Bret Hart though, he has all the personality and charisma of a hazelnut, Edge is another i never got the big deal when he was outside of tag team competition, lex luger (after the yokozuna slam and he was all of a sudden an american hero) DDP, Scott Steiner the names could go on but they're the main ones that spring to mind!

Magic

The first apple tree.
Forum Leader
Subscriber
I can't take him seriously, especially when he's the tiny man pulling off ridiculous hurricanrana's and the likes on much, much bigger people.

And the forced nature of the set up to the 619 has always annoyed me.

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
Orton probably for me is the biggest guy I've never got. The was only one moment I enjoyed with him and that was the whole HHH\Orton feud in evolution.

I've never been a big fan of Hogan particularly either even in the boom period but in a way the whole overness he's managed to retain means I'd still mark out if I was at a live event he was at. I can safely admit the man is probably the xenith of the superstar pile.

Eddie

Subscriber
I used to love Rey in WCW mainly because he looks like mogwai from the Gremlins and i used to love that film! But this incarnation i am not a fan of, for pretty much the same reasons as the magic

Jimmy Redman

Rey is one of those guys to me where I just find it impossible to understand why someone wouldnt rate him. I cannot be detached from it, I just have no idea how anyone can not think the guy is awesome.

Da Showstoppa

I can't take him seriously, especially when he's the tiny man pulling off ridiculous hurricanrana's and the likes on much, much bigger people.

And the forced nature of the set up to the 619 has always annoyed me.
Speaking with my voice, my friend - spot on.

Jimmy Redman

I've never understood the complaint about the 619. I really dont. How is that a valid talking point, but like, its not forced when Shawn stomps his foot and a guy slowly gets up and walks into it? Or when someone slowly gets up and walks into a spear? What about when guys have to lay down for an eternity waiting for a People's Elbow/Five Knuckle Shuffle/any top rope dive ever?

Every other move in wrestling is reliant on some form of co operation that seems silly if you overanalyse it. Either you accept that or you dont. But I dont get how Rey drop toe holding or rana-ing someone right into the second rope is that much more forced than a lot of other moves.