• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Huawei losing Google's software

Ratings
Google recently suspended business with the Chinese manufacturer and the launch of an alternative to Android OS has recently made headlines. It was thought that the Android-replacing OS would be launched in June this year but now it seems that the wait will be longer. I think that the biggest challenge is in building its own OS. What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Ratings
I should follow this topic more closely. What I find a bit odd about a Google and China partnership is that Google's products are all about free use no matter where you are. In China, you cannot access any Google items unless you use a VPN or stay in a hotel with a foreigner-heavy clientele.

Ratings
I agree with you @headrush and I think it was purely a business decision and choice to let Huawei phones in China run on a different OS. If I am not mistaken, Google could be rethinking its earlier decision to severe links with the Chinese manufacturer. We may have to wait and see how this eventually pans out.