Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

How to stay anonymous online

lymmo

It can either be criminals targeting online users with intentions of scamming them or advertisers tracking your activities. It is advisable to browse in a private mode where possible, avoid Google/Bing/Yahoo and use DuckDuckGo instead, use VPNs, proxies, or the TOR browser or hide your IP address and location. However, are all these methods fool-proof?

DandyMandy

Well, I don't think there is an infallible method. TOR is great, but it drastically slows down your browser. DuckDuckGo helps protect privacy, but you might not find what you need. Things are either convenient to use OR they protect your privacy. There doesn't seem to be a best of both worlds. I wonder why?

Spade

Interesting topic. I honestly, doubt if it is entirely possible because going online is just like you walking on the road, you must have some footprints somewhere. Whether those footprints will be intentionally tacked or not might be another question though.